• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ashes!!!!

Jim Payton

Inactive Member
Went down to the marina, and was shocked to see how thick the suet and ashes were all over the boat and marina. The boat is in the Chula Vista Marina at the very southern end of San Diego Bay. The wild fires have been so devistating. I can see the flames from my front door here in the east county of San Diego. No one can work outdoors and all schools and city offices were closed yesterday and today, becuase of the smoke. Even our local post office was closed and they didn't deliver any mail. We went to lunch at a resturaunt today at 1 pm in the afternoon and there was so much smoke in the air it seemed like dusk. There was this strange orange glow all around. It was like being on another planet. Really wierd.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Yeah, we've got friends down there in the fire's path - and have been unable to reach them.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that the entire nation is thinking you guys - and wishing the best for you. To think that someone could do something like that intentionally is really sad.

Good Luck - Stay Safe!

//sse

Jim Payton

Inactive Member
Thanks

Thanks Sean. The fire has moved away from my home (I live in the east county of San Diego). I and my family are safe. Many of my business clients had to evacuate. Some have lost there homes and many have not been able to return to there homes to see if everything is OK. Last night the weather shifted dramatically and instead of a Santa Ana wind a marine layer moved in and this morning there is a lot of moisture in the air. I haven't checked the news yet (Its 6:30am) but all the smoke is gone and I hope they were able to contain the fire.

NGB

Member II
Last week I finally got down to Harbor Island to clean up the ash on our boat. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but it was bad enough. There didn't appear to be any permanent damage. We were living in Spokane, Washington when Mt. St. Helens blew. There was speculation that the fallout would do serious damage to everything it touched. It didn't.

Following the Berlin Airlift, the Air Force found coal dust for years in the airplanes that had participated in the airlift. I suspect I am going to find ash for at least months.