• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Rendezvous

Guy Stevens

Being from the Pacific Northwest, and having been to that rendezvous more that a few times, I miss the fun and the camaraderie that happens up there.

I have tried a few times in the past to get one going here in the Bay Area but it seems to have met with little interest.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to how we could have a successful rendezvous here in the bay area?

Thanks,
Guy

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Guy,

I would be interested in a get together. Offer to have Aiki as the center for a raft-up and I bet some people would show up!

CaptDan

Member III
Does anyone have any thoughts as to how we could have a successful rendezvous here in the bay area?

Thanks,
Guy

I, too, have been to several of the PNW Rendevous and have really enjoyed them. One thing they all have in common (besides the attendance of world class Vikings) is an indoor (or protected) gathering venue. The big question is, where in the Bay Area can that be duplicated? A yacht club? A locale featuring ample moorage and an indoor facility?

I don't have the answers - just asking the question. I'd certainly like to participate in a Bay Area Ericson get together, though.

Capt Dan G>E35II "Kunu"

Last edited:

dwigle

Member III
Just a bump to keep this active. We'd be there if at all possible. What about Encinal YC, a combination of raft-up and building.

Don

CaptDan

Member III
Just a bump to keep this active. We'd be there if at all possible. What about Encinal YC, a combination of raft-up and building.

Don

Excellent suggestion. I'd forgotten, but the Master Mariners (my olde 'yacht club' of yore) held their post Memorial Day Regatta party there often over the years. It's a great venue for gatherings.

Capt Dan G>E35II "Kunu"

Vincent

Member II
I would be there if at all possible..I have suggested coyote point before as it has a good size guest dock and a good size facility.,back yard with a built-in BBq.great view of the bay from the bar upstairs.it is a reach from the upper bay and a close reach back .2 hours from the Bay bridge
Vince

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
For me sailing up from Santa Cruz the closer to the Golden Gate the better. Sausalito somewhere or Treasure Island?

Matey

Member III
I'd come .. and Encinal has my vote too.
Great facility and people over there with lots of room.
Will help w/logistics if I can too Guy

dwigle

Member III
3 of 6

Just an observation, 3 of 6 boats in this thread are at Brickyard Cove. Too bad there's no place to park a group there. Probably even be able to borrow a room.

Don Wigle
Wiggle Room
C-13

Guy Stevens

Wow I go sailing and this thread takes off

There seems to be a lot of interest in Encinal Yacht club. Does anyone have a current contact there that we could broach the subject with?

Thanks,
Guy
:)

CaptDan

Member III
Just an observation, 3 of 6 boats in this thread are at Brickyard Cove. Too bad there's no place to park a group there. Probably even be able to borrow a room.

Don Wigle
Wiggle Room
C-13

Maybe the Richmond Yacht Club next door if there's space? Probably requires reciprocals, but the folks at Brickyard would likely be amenable to donating (for a small fee?) a room for a day. I could ask the harbormaster.

Capt Dan G>E35II "Kunu"

dwigle

Member III
Tradewinds

A notice at the marina is that the Catalina owners are having a cruise in at Tradewinds in Marina Bay. A nice clubhouse, but not a lot of connected slips.
At least we know they are agreeable to having an owners group meet there. I still like Encinal for the raft up, see everyone's boat scene. Brickyard has no open slips, so I didn't even ask about borrowing a room.

Don