• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

new to us Ericson 39B

boatboy

Inactive Member
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone. We are the proud new owners of an Ericson 39B. We're immediately pulling her out at the Berkeley Yard for some bottom work, and withing 2 or 3 weeks will be berthed at either Berkeley of Richmond. Hopefully we will have a chance to meet some of you in the near future.

Greg Davids and Melissa Hayes
Pacifica, E-39B

paul lasker

Great Boat

My son and I have a 27 E. Best thing we ever did was get an Erickson. We or better my son purchased it about five years ago. It was in good shape then and since we have made a few inprovemts. Purchased a few new toys. One of the first items was new jell batteries with a new automatic charger install. This was 4 years ago and not one problem. Oh I was raised in Pacifica but when I was there it was called Sharp Park. my father pirchased lots there in 1937. I spent alot of time on the beach. well anyhow I'll talk to you later. Sail boat Paul

Traveler

Member I
E39 A/B

Hi There Greg and Melissa, and congratulations on your purchase of your Ericson 39B. I have owned my Ericson 39 Flush Deck for about a year and a half now, and since Ericsons in general are well designed and built, and the 39 specifically has a terrific hull, I am sure you will be very happy with your vessel. We should arrange a raft up sometime so we can compare the 39 vs. the 39B side by side. Could be interesting. If you end up in Richmond, you may run into another 39 FD up there named Maverick. She just returned from a circumnavigation. You can find a lot of interesting info about the boat, the guys, and the trip on their website

http://www.ussmaverick.net/index.html
-Gary

boatboy

Inactive Member
Hi Gary,

Yes it would definitely be fun to raft up together at some point in the not too distant future. We are extremely anxious to get her back in the water so we can actually get a sense of how well she sails. She is practically begging us to go for a romp outside the gate.

We are familiar with the adventures of Maverick and are looking forward to the talk that Tony Johnson will be giving on November 1st.

Greg Davids

Traveler

Member I
bummer

Ahoy Greg,
I had heard about Tony Johnson's show-n-tell, but unfortunately I will be out of town on the 1st. :esad:
I'm sure you will have a terrific time falling in love with your 39, it will be easy to do.
Do you have any plans for improvements/repairs coming up?
I'll be doing some majors this winter. Engine out, new motor mounts, trans rebuild, packing gland, new prop, instruments, fuel tank, + service all 14 winches and rebuild the windlass. Whew.
Just got done with new traveler, mainsail, backstay adjuster, spar-tite, running rigging, pro rig tune and most importantly, cockpit cushions.
:egrin: