• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E35-3 PHRF Measurements?

PkandLisa

Does anyone have the measurements for filling out a PHRF application? I can't read some of the numbers on the owners manual I downloaded and some of the measurements they ask for aren't in there either. Specifically, I need the four mast related measurements:
1) I = height from deck to the top of outer shrouds
2) J = distance from mast to bow
3) P = height from boom to top of mast
4) E = Length of boom

Thank you,
Parker

PkandLisa

THANKS! Very quick response too. I'm pushing it, but hoping to get in a non-spinnaker class race through my club this weekend.

Parker

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Just to be sure....

Starting with the easier tape work at deck level and working up the one where you secure the end of the steel tape to the main halyard shackle and run it up the spar while someone verifies the distance to black band with field glasses... And then doing this for the jib halyard and spinny halyard...

Be sure to confirm your suspected measurements with *real* data specific to your boat.

It's like when you find that no reputable sailmaker will make you a main or headsail without real-world measurements because they know that all production boats have variances that crept in (no matter what the brochure sez!)

Remember the Ericson sailor that posted to this site previously that found that his rig had been spec'ed out with a shorter spar by the first owner? What a suprise for him.... :confused:

Best,

Loren