• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cheap dry dock in SF Bay (preferably Sausalito/San Rafael)

SFWindChaser

Member I
Hi all,

I'm looking for an inexpensive loacation to have my boat hauled and dry docked in the SF Bay area. I prefer a location near Tiburon, like Sausalito or San Rafael, but will consider SF and East Bay as well. I would also consider a slip if the price was very good. Anyone have any suggestions?

SFWindChaser

Member I
Bay Area dry dock for sailboat

Good point Randy - sorry about being vague. It's a 29 foot Ericson and I'm looking for a place to keep her until sold. I do not have a trailer, so she would have to be hauled out and placed on loaner supports.

ChrisS

Member III
That's a tough one...

You could try calling some of the more informal yards to ask about month to month storage options, but it may be cheaper to try to find a waterfront home with dock space and see if you can negotiate something. Otherwise, Napa Valley Marina advertises cheap dry storage rates.

CaptDan

Member III
Hi all,

I'm looking for an inexpensive loacation to have my boat hauled and dry docked in the SF Bay area.

Bay Area Boatworks might be a good bet. Hauled there years ago when it was San Rafael Boatworks. They offered some of the cheapest haul outs in the Bay Area (crane, facility only - DIY/ U-bring the rest). If memory serves they had a deal going with the marina next door for customer berthage. Regarding dry dock storage, not sure what the rates were.

They had a fire there recently; don't know how that affected things. But it might be worth a call:

http://www.superpages.com/bp/San-Rafael-CA/Bay-Area-Boat-Works-L2176882595.htm

Capt Dan G>E35II "Kunu"