• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

~Isthmus this weekend ?

Sven

Seglare
Since we didn't get to go for Thanksgiving we're planning to go this weekend. Heading over Friday morning and coming back Sunday. Not sure which cove we'll head for but doubt it will be crowded :egrin:

Anyone else ?

-Sven

Sven

Seglare
Hi Sam,

Does that mean you'll make the 8-hour crossing from Dana Point ?

Actually, having no heat on board is more of a challenge than having to put on foulies :egrin:

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I use a Coleman Propane portable heater that looks something like the one in the first pic here, but it has a sturdy base like the second pic. I make sure the cabin is ventilated and shut it off when I go to sleep. When I was at Avalon last week it was about 46 degrees outside and a toasty 75 degrees inside. Mine also has a handle like a lantern. I have had this for years. My Father used it on his Bayfield 25' in Alaska as well. Thanks Dad!

Sorry Sven, I'll be hanging out for the Harbor Christmas Parade.

Attachments

• Heater1.jpg
    Heater1.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Heater2.jpg
    Heater2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 49

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
You Scientist's... Always making me do the math.

You Scientist's... Always making me do the math. 8 degrees "C" = 46.4 degrees "F". :egrin:

Funny, my father who's to cheap to buy a new Fahrenheit thermometer, got Celsius thermometer at Good Will for a buck and had me hang it outside the second floor window for him on my last visit to Olympia, WA. I talked to him yesterday and he said it was -7.2 degrees "C". Burrr!!

Last edited: