• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Glyn, missed you at the Isthmus ...

Sven

Seglare
... but we did run into Marilyn and Frank.

Marilyn was supposed to join us for an impromptu pot luck but decided to throw Frank overboard so he got all wet. Maybe next time you'll come out too instead of going to the dogs ? :egrin:

-Sven

Glyn Judson

Marilyn at the Isthmus.

Sven and all, It's been quite a week for Marilyn and our domestic pet, Frank our Golden Retriever. A week ago yesterday she backed out of our slip here in Marina del Rey headed to Catalina Island (mooring Bravo 13, Isthmus Cove) and was delighted in being able to get away from it all. I was stuck home with guide dog work, otherwise I'd have been over there with her. Fast forward to this last Monday afternoon, the day before her planned return and much to her surprise, a too-long Boston Whaler (exceeded the 14' limit at the dock) tied next to our little Avon Sport boat had pried the Honda 2 off the transom and into 10-12 feet of water at the dinghy dock, so scrub the planned 0700 departure Tuesday morning. Instead, Tuesday morning was spent grappling the engine back up and $200.00 later at the outboard shop, it was running again just fine. As an aside, a new Honda 2 is $975.00 plus tax. The plan now was for an early departure Wednesday morning but that had to be scrubbed from what was later assumed that the previous several days' high winds and surge action in the Cove, had flung the lead weighted sand line over the prop shaft and as soon as Marilyn cast off and put the boat in gear, it wrapped. Three hours and $88.00 later the dive service had freed the 3/4" polypropylene line. So scrub the Wednesday departure until this morning. The marine forecast is not too friendly for a single woman on the water today so we agreed that it looked better for tomorrow. Now, Marilyn is forced to spend yet another day in paradise and will hopefully be able to drop all lines tomorrow and head home. I'm getting sooo tired of restaurant food!! Cheers, Glyn

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Now, Marilyn is forced to spend yet another day in paradise and will hopefully be able to drop all lines tomorrow and head home. I'm getting sooo tired of restaurant food!! Cheers, Glyn

Glyn,
Here ya go!
Bachelor Food...
:)
Or, you and the pup could just share some "Kibbles 'n' Bits".................

Loren

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Attachments

• images-1.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    10.4 KB · Views: 86
  • images-2.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 83
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    14.9 KB · Views: 85