• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Interiors

Captnemo8

Captnemo8
A lot of you have been very helpful to me on the mechanical side of things.
Now my wife was wondering if any of you would share pic's and idea's of what you've done on the interiors??? Our 35-2 is pretty much factory stock and in need of some "sprucing" up. Thanks again. Steve
228.jpg

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Check out my link in my signature. We replaced a lot of teak veneer, stripped years of lemon oil and varnished the entire interior on our 35-3. Click on Projects.

Last edited:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Check out the pics on my profile page for some really wild interior decor.

Love your interior photos Steve. The "Flying Sub" is a very nice touch! :egrin: Here are some shot's of my 73' E-27's interior. The bulky TV on the table is gone now. Replaced with a little 7" Vizio Flat Screen.

Attachments

• P1010001_8.jpg
    P1010001_8.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 138
  • P1010004_6.jpg
    P1010004_6.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 130

Steve A

Member II
Jeff, glad to find another Irwin Allen fan, most people ask "What's the yellow thing". Also, I noticed that I left out the workbench stool in the photo. It also serves as a seat for the inboard side of the dinette, allowing seating on all four sides of the table. I just uploaded a (poor) copy of my working plans to my album.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Love what you've done with the place Steve!

Jeff, glad to find another Irwin Allen fan, most people ask "What's the yellow thing". Also, I noticed that I left out the workbench stool in the photo. It also serves as a seat for the inboard side of the dinette, allowing seating on all four sides of the table. I just uploaded a (poor) copy of my working plans to my album.

Love what you've done with the place Steve! :hail:

"Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" was my favorite tv series as a Kid growing up in the 1960's. I have the boxed set's of the first two seasons on DVD. :) I also have the theme song on my sailing play list on my iPod. "Arrested Development" ? :scared:

Check out the pics of my Pal's MacGregor 22-2. He completely covered the interior with floral silk screened bamboo matting, bamboo and hemp rope. He even has his compression post hidden with a bamboo pole. Guess he's going for the Polynesian theme.
:0 :cheers:

Attachments

• P5140003.jpg
    P5140003.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 89
  • P5140004.jpg
    P5140004.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Steve A

Member II
That's very cool. I'm doing the same theme in my head, complete with palm frond ceiling and using bamboo to cover the wires and as a fiddle on the counter.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
My Pal, "Capt. UpChuck" is a bit nuts.

If you look carefully on his dinette table, you will see two cans of contact cement. That's the stuff he glued everything down with. I went to visit him while he was in the process of glueing everything down, and he asked me to come below and take a look. I almost was asphyxiated from the fumes! My Pal, "Capt. UpChuck" is a bit nuts, he was not even wearing a mask when he was doing all that craziness! :dunce:

Steve A

Member II
I added a shot of the galley looking aft and one of the chart table to my album. you can see the dish locker/pantry I added aft of the galley and the overhead wine glass rack.

Steve A

Member II
new drawer

Here's my latest upgrade to the interior; a drawer in the unused space under the hanging locker.thetis5.jpg

Steve A

Member II
Exterior wood

I just added a teak facing to the aft end of the cabin. Makes the cockpit warmer looking. Am I now certifiable??( Also planning to put teak caps on the toerail)

Attachments

• cockpit.jpg
    cockpit.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 743

Blue Chip

Member III
Here is our spruce up idea, althadditions 012.jpgadditions 011.jpgadditions 013.jpgough maybe more practical than for looks. Storage of Hatch Boards no longer a problem. A "set" on each side of teakwood holders works just swell. The addition of a pView attachment 11917View attachment 11918View attachment 11919View attachment 11920View attachment 11921View attachment 11917View attachment 11918View attachment 11919View attachment 11920View attachment 11921aper towel holder under the stairs is just showing off, but she loves it, and no...your feet don't hit it all the time.

Steve A

Member II
spice rack

Here's my latest upgrade to the interior; I added a shelf to the instrument box over the galley to make aspice rack ( it still has room for the chartplotter).t.jpg

MMLOGAN

Member III
Basic Blue

If you are into the basics....we redid our cushions in blue. I also added a compass rose to the table....P1020304.jpgP1020250.jpgIMG_0661.jpg

Matt

E35-3 Wind Chaser

Fparry

Member II
Additions to interior

I recently purchased "Luna" a 1988, 32-200 which was expertly maintained by all of her previous owners. Apparently one of them was a master woodworker who saw fit to build and install many interior accessories and additions. All of them share the enviable status of appearing to be installed at the factory. All are well thought out, expertly built and installed. Nothing looks added on or cobbled in.

Here are a couple which I really like and are very useful. The first is a fold down galley table. It makes for an easy pass from the galley area to the main saloon table and also works efficiently to hold plates or condiments which are not needed at the main table itself. When open it snap locks into position with locking hardware. When folded it is out of the way.

The second is a battened teak floor built for the head. The floor is made in two interlocking pieces and is built that way in order to properly fit the angled floor of the head. When showering your feet are not in contact with the head floor and because of it's design water flows through it to the drain below. It is also very easy to pick up and remove for cleaning and maintenance.

Also in the head is a nicely built folding teak seat which folds down to cover the throne and provides a nice and comfortable shower seat.

Attachments

• Luna Main Salon Aft Port.jpg
    Luna Main Salon Aft Port.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Head sole.jpg
    Head sole.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 88
  • Luna Head 2.jpg
    Luna Head 2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 66

Blue Chip

Member III
Our 1990 32-200 has the drop own table that is surrounding the mast a shown in your picture. What we DON't haveadditions 015.jpgadditions 015.jpg is the drop down attached to the back of the sink. I have attached ??? a pic of the drop leaf we added to the END of the sink. Extends the kitchen counter top a bit.

Fparry

Member II
Our 1990 32-200 has the drop own table that is surrounding the mast a shown in your picture. What we DON't have is the drop down attached to the back of the sink

Nice, basically the same accessory mounted in a different place. I haven't used the main table once without popping up the accessory table to hold something. The previous owner (not me) mounted a chart rack where your flip up table is. Not sure if I have a picture of that but I will look.