• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

La Salina in Baja?

paul culver

Member III
SoCal colleagues, has anyone stopped over at the relatively new port of La Salina about half way between San Diego and Ensenada? I'm thinking about including it in a possible trip south next summer. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
E29 "Bear"

Peregrine

Member II
Puerto Salina

I live in San Diego and have been past PS numerous times by land and sea on my way to Ensenada. Although I have never stopped, and cannot verify this, I have heard that the channel is very prone to silting. I even think you can see this in the picture in the previous post. My thought is... Why stop here when you can go to Ensenada?

PS is along Highway 1 to Ensenada, but there is not much to see or do there. I guess it would make a good place to stop if you had an emergency, but would not recomend it as a place to hang out.

Tony
s/v Peregrine Spirit

paul culver

Member III
Tony, do you have any preferences in Ensenada? I think there are two or three options from what I have read, as well as anchorage out at Todos Santos island.

Thanks

Paul
E29 Bear

Peregrine

Member II
Ensenada

Paul,

I normally stay in one of two places when in Ensenada. Cruiseport Village Marina is close to the center of town and everything is within walking distance. Last year we went down for the start/finish of the Baja 1000 offroad race. The start is a block from the marina.

The problem with CPVM is that there are no good amenities. It has showers, but that is about it. When I have my wife with me I stay at the Hotel Coral Marina with access to the hotel's pool, bar, restauran, spa. It is a much more wife friendly marina.

I have not anchored at Todos Santos Island, but there is an anchorage there. Also, people used to be able to anchor inside the Ensenada harbor, but that is now banned.

Tony