• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

cell coverage

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Does anyone know if there is any cell phone coverage between San Diego and Morro Bay?

Out on the ocean of course.

Thanks

Last edited:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Well, that's quite a distance. I can tell you that I have had good reception at Avalon, Two Harbors, Cat Harbor, all on Catalina. I have had drop outs in the middle of San Pedro Channel after about six miles out between Catalina and the main land. I also used to sail to the Channel Islands and had good reception at Smugglers Cove on Santa Cruz, and Anacapa. I think the reception is pretty good between San Diego and LA as I recall except for around San Onofre. Been a while since I have done that trip.

The closer to shore the better of course. I have Verizon, I even made a call from the top of Mt. Whitney once.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks Jeff.

We are taking a friends Catalina from Santa Cruz (town) to San Diego to compete in the Catalina 30 Nationals this September. For the dreaded trip back there will be the need to contact replacement crew along the way and cell phone communication will probably be the most flexible way to handle that.

Thanks again.