• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

DIY Yards in Central Bay

ChrisS

Member III
I'm looking to haul the week following next during my spring vacation to paint the bottom, buff/wax the hull, and do a few other things while the boat is on the hard. The bottom is over two years old and I can't keep the beard at bay.

However, I totally miscalculated the yard availability. KKMI and Bay Marine are booked, there's no yard in Sausalito (KKMI coming in May); I did manage to snag a spot at Svendson's, but it'd be in the middle of the week, and I'd only get two full days to do my work.

There is a DIY yard in San Rafael, super basic, lots of people living in trailers--close to my home, but looks a little sketchy...anyone ever used it? Very little info on the net...

Any other yards I'm overlooking?

dwigle

Member III
Berkeley

Have you checked Berkeley? I haven't been there in a while, but it used to be very do it yourself friendly.

Don Wigle
Wiggle Room
E38 #8

ChrisS

Member III
BMC Booked too

The person I spoke with at KKMI said that the rainy winter has bottlenecked the boatyard situation--I called Berkeley too, and can't get in until the end of April. So my choices at present are Svendsons or this San Rafael Yacht Harbor. The latter takes the boat out ona crane and puts it on a dolly stand of sorts, and then rolls it around. I can see it from my classrroom oddly enough, once in a while seeing an Ericson beauty stripe...but there's no security, and they offer no services, just haul and launch. Hoping to get some first hand knowledge of the place...