• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Spring Fling

Desiderata

Member II
We are headed to DeSoto Point to meet up with some Sail Monsters for a raft up on April 24th and 25th! Love to have some E-boats join us! :egrin:

Mike & Cheri

nazdravi

Spring Fling / Nazdravi E35-2 St. Pete Beach

Just touching base. My wife & I have an E35 in St. Pete Beach and would like to meet other Ericson owners along the Gulf Coast between Tampa Bay and Sarasota to Naples. Almost completed refit so may not make Spring Fling but will try.
Drop us a line.
Dave & Laddy
Nazdravi E35-2:egrin:
Sheetwize@mac.com

Desiderata

Member II
Hi Dave,

We'd love to see your E-35. Its our dreamboat (if its the model
that has the shower). If the boat's not ready yet, you can always come by "land yacht". Desoto Point (not to be confused with Fort DeSoto) is one of our favorite anchorages.Theres a wonderful state park with DeSoto era weapons re-enactments and a lovely walking trail (I'm an avid "plaque reader") that skirts along the beach of the cove where we'll be anchored. If you can't come this weekend, no worries, we'll meet up sometime soon wherever you'd like. We're encouraging a new member of the Ericson brotherhood here at Sarasota Sailing Squadron who recently purchased an E-30 on e-Bay. Rally the Vikings.. Feel free to call my cell (941) 315-0189 , I'll have it with me this weekend. We can come get you in the inflatable. Hope to hear from you soon.

Mike & Cheri McNulty:egrin:

DoSoto Point

Dave,

Have they gotten that gang of ax murderers that's hiding out in the woods at DeSoto Point under control yet? The ritual sacrifices are getting a little grisly.

Morgan

Desiderata

Member II
Very funny Morgan. Throw the lines off and bring Reefer over to the cove! The rituals you describe undoubtedly take place under the giant concrete cross. I'll have Cheri can fix you a plate of seafood pasta and we could watch from a safe distance..... :jollyroge Mike

DeSoto Point

Mike,

That's almost a no-brainer for me, but my boat has been on the had since last August. It's for sale if you know anyone who is looking for a fast E-27 with a full inventory of sails. Last time I raced it we beat the second boat in our class by 6:24 in real time. But I had a great crew, too, the best ever.

Morgan

Desiderata

Member II
Hi All,
Well, we're off to Twin Dolphin, May 22nd for a raft-up, with our Sail Monster.com friends! Should be at the end of the Manatee River Friday night the 21st. Maybe some of you E-boats will join us!

Cheri and Mike:egrin:

nazdravi

Cheri & Mike,
Thanks for your note a few weeks ago and yes, the E35 MKII was my dream boat as well. Traditional lines of a wooden boat with nice ass (beautiful transom) in a plastic classic package. I have dealt with and repaired just about every issue prone to Ericsons of the 70' vintage since I bought her in '94, in San Francisco. We never installed a shower because, even though she has a floor pan and drain, there is no room between liner and bilge for adequate sump pump system and gray water in bilge is not healthy. Also humidity in FL is bad enough so I installed an open air cockpit shower handy for after swim rinse down for my chocolate lab, also.
Laddy & I will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary in Negril next weekend so we'll miss you and the Monsters at the Mouth of the Manitee but thanks for turning me on to SailMonster.com. Looks like a good group and cool site.
BTW- We are docked at a private slip in a nice hurricane hole anchorage, directly across the street from The Don Cesar Hotel on St. Pete Beach near Pass-A-Grille. Not that we are lazy to sail but it could be a nice EYO raft-up spot for a beach party weekend. We hope to meet up with you and others this summer.

Cheers,
Dave & Laddy
NaZdravi / E-35