• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2010 rendezvous ?

Sven

Seglare
Is it time to start planning it ? I'll Keep updating this sticky post as we start getting organized.

Maybe a repeat of last year's arrangements ?

Jeff, what say you ? :egrin:

=============================================

The principal dates for the 2010 Ericson fleet gathering:

-- Saturday May 22nd and Sunday the 23rd.
-- Plus any days before or after that can be tacked on.

That is the weekend before the Memorial day weekend.

If we have a loosely organized BBQ on the beach it should probably be Saturday evening ?

Current sign-ups include:

- "Regulus II" Meanolddad Greg - E-30+
Friday - Sunday ?

- "Pride of Cucamonga" Jeff E-27
Saturday - Monday ?

- "Senta II" Nancy and Sven - 1977 E-39B
Friday - Sunday ?

- Martin King - Independence/E31
Saturday - Sunday ?

- "Gitana" Captain Don - E26
Friday - Sunday ?

- "Valinor" Mike Crews - 1989 32-200
Friday - Sunday ?

Last year we had the following sign-ups but not all made it. I hope we can get everyone this time around !

"Pride of Cucamonga" E-27
Wednesday 5-6 to 5-10

"Regulus II" Meanolddad Greg - E-30+
Wednesday 5-6 to 5-10

"Voice of Reason" windjunkee Jim McCone - E-32

Sam Vickery's & power boater friend E-32-3
Thursday 5-9 to Sunday 5-10

"Whisper" MarkA Mark - E-34-T

"Dawn Treader" Glyn & Marilyn Judson - Independence/E-31
Tuesday 5-5 to Sunday 5-10

"Golden Girl" Bill Upchurch & Brother Joe - E-35
Thursday 5-7 to Saturday 5-9

"MoonDance" Ericson35Guy - E-35

"Laiva" ligolaiva38 John - E-38-1

"Senta II" Nancy and Sven - E-39-B
Wednesday 5-6 to Saturday 5-9

Shaggy - 1986 E38

"Gitana" Captain Don Don Smith - E26
Wednesday 5-6 to ?

Martin King - Independence/E31
5-6 to ?

-Sven

Last edited:

Meanolddad

Member III
Hi Sven and all
My daughters have been asking me the exact same question. Let us know when and where and we will be there.
Sven, as an aside we just left Gothenbiurg and are sitting in the Copenhagen airport during a 5 hour layover. Bought a Volvo and went to Sweden to pick it up. First time I have been on the site tn two weeks. Beautiful weather today, sunny and cold.
Back tomorrow early
Greg

Sven

Seglare
May 22 & 23 if we repeat the date ?

I think we did it the weekend before Memorial day last year ?

Greg, I hope you aren't stuck in the Iceland ash fallout ? On the other hand, being stuck over there doesn't sound that bad unless you are in an airport :egrin:

-Sven

Meanolddad

Member III
Hi Sven and all

The dates you suggest work well for us. Hope to see you all there.

As far as the trip we got lucky and missed the bad winter and were home before the ash cloud showed up.

Greg

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Yup Perfect. :egrin: My Brother and I will be there. Actually I have had this trip planed for a while now. My Brother David "Joe" is flying down from Olympia, Wa on Friday the 21st and we will sail over Saturday Morning on the 22nd.

I really don't want to be the organizer here but It would be great to see you all again. If we all want to get together at a picnic table on the beach for a BYO BBQ would be great. Saturday Night?

BTW there is a White Seabass & Halibut Tournament on those days. May 21st & 22nd. :scared:
Time to get out the Rod & Reel and join us for the White Seabass & Halibut Championship Series. This is event is sponsored by Western Outdoor News, United Anglers, and many more.
http://www.visitcatalinaisland.com/twoHarbors/Calendar.php

Since we are planning on Sat the 22nd & Sun the 23rd, hopefully those Angler's will be cleared out by Sunday Night.

Hopefully it won't be too difficult to get a mooring. I am stuck with those dates now because my Brother has already booked his flight.
See you at the Isthmus. :cheers:

Last edited:

Sven

Seglare
Nope you started it his year Sven. I am passing the Horned Helmet to you now!

:nonono: I am an agent provocateur ... I leave the scene when the horns start to fly.

I can't remember if the fishing derby was going on last year too ? I seem to remember some other group meeting when we were there.

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Let's do it again!

LET'S DO IT AGAIN!

Maybe I will even stow my MDR burgees this time for a better photo op. Oh yeah, not bringing the little dog "Splash" again. Sorry about all the yapping last year.

Attachments

• 3YO.jpg
    3YO.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Vikings1.jpg
    Vikings1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Meanolddad

Member III
Sounds good to me. Probably head over Thursday or Friday and the girls will ride the ferry over Friday evening. We will have to leave Sunday so we can all get back to work on Monday. A nice loose BBQ on Saturday night will be great.

See you all there.
Greg

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Alas, we won't be able to sail over together. Wish I could leave Friday. We will be sailing over Saturday and sail back Monday. If we get any wind you and your speedy fractional rig 30+ would be leagues ahead of me anyway.

Look forward to seeing you and your family again Greg!

Sven

Seglare
To help Jeff ...

To help Jeff get this organized I'll start updating the first post with the logistics as they evolve and keeping track of who is signing up.

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Thought we might have more interest in the 2010 Ericson Yachts 2nd Annual Rendezvous by now. :egrin:

Is it because of our some what gloomy spring?

Sam, Glyn, Martin, Don, Mark, Bill, Mike (to name a few)? :confused:

The principal dates for the 2010 Ericson fleet gathering:

-- Saturday May 22nd and Sunday the 23rd.
-- Plus any days before or after that can be tacked on.

That is the weekend before the Memorial day weekend.

If we have a loosely organized BBQ on the beach it should probably be Saturday evening ?

-Sven

Glyn Judson

2010 SoCal Ericson Rendezvous at the Island.

Jeff and all, I pains me that we can't go and as much as I really would like to, my pups are the reason I can't. You see that Sunday is the date of one of our big annual GDA fund raisers and fun day to boot, it's our GDA Ride for Guides http://www.guidedogsofamerica.org/ride_09.pdf, a motorcycle poker run http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poker_run that the year before attracted over 600 riders. I'm proud to say that I've played a small part in every one of them and it's hard to believe that our seventh is about to happen. If not for that, I'd be over there in a Newport Beach minute (the west coast equivalent of some "New" something or other eastern city minute). The word on the street is that we'll all have a dog-gone good time as I'm sure you who venture over there will as well. Glyn

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Well Glyn I completely understand. I am sure I will do other trips to the island in the coming months and will be sure to alert the Board. Your service with the GDA is much more important and I have great respect for what you and your organization does!

You Marilyn & Frank will be missed of course. Hopefully we will see you over there in the coming months.

Beam Winds

-Jeff

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
We are planning on showing up. I think Shasta has a few more catalina
visits in him. Glyn, I'm sorry you can't make this one.

Martin

Sven

Seglare
We are planning on showing up.

After all these years we might actually get to meet each other !? I hope your plans don't mean that we'll end up having to cancel :egrin:

Glyn, I'm sorry you can't make this one.

I'll second that. Glyn, why don't you come a few days earlier since I assume some will make it a longer weekend and overlap with you and Marilyn and Frank and whoever else you have ? Go back Saturday to be with your biker friends ?

Martin I'll add you to the list in the first post.

-Sven

Don Smith

Member II
Viking rendezvous

I plan to attend; will most likely sail over on Friday the 21st.

There are several Ericsons in my marina so I'm going to try to get some participation from them.

Look forward to seeing you all again, and especially to seeing all of the improvements done to Senta II over the past year.

Happy Sailing,

Captain Don
E26 - Gitana

Last edited: