• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

ericson 27 jib

guy

ericson 27 #2 jib,storm jib, anchor

we will be making the sausalito - bodega bay passage this weekend on our just purchased 27 and are looking for a #2 jib and/or a storm jib. any for sail or for loan? also looking to buy an anchor. i'd like to find a 25 pound danforth or a 43 pound plow.

thanks,

guy

707-570-1444 w
707-823-1861 h

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
43 Pounds ??!!

As long as you are anchoring in sand or mud, any Danforth in the 12 to 15 # range should hold you solid.
If in rocks and weeds, a different kind/design of anchor is called for, anyway.

We have used a (genuine) Danforth 12H for 15 years in sand/mud bottom conditions. Be sure to have about 30 feet of chain, no matter what type of anchor you choose.
Watch out for cheap knock-offs of the Danforth brand/design; being a bit superstitious I just do not trust 'em as well...

Best,
Loren

guy

Thanks, Loren. There's a chance that I will be permanently anchoring my boat so I need something substantial. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Guy

As long as you are anchoring in sand or mud, any Danforth in the 12 to 15 # range should hold you solid.
If in rocks and weeds, a different kind/design of anchor is called for, anyway.

We have used a (genuine) Danforth 12H for 15 years in sand/mud bottom conditions. Be sure to have about 30 feet of chain, no matter what type of anchor you choose.
Watch out for cheap knock-offs of the Danforth brand/design; being a bit superstitious I just do not trust 'em as well...

Best,
Loren