• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Used/Discount Parts

shevrin

My wife and I own a 1974, 29 foot Ericson in Oceanside. We purchased it sign unseen (except for pictures on the internet). We took it out for the first time back in mid July. I am in the Army and I was on r & r, meeting my family in San Diego.

It's a "first" boat for us and a dream come true. I am moving into the reserves and we are moving back to the SD area late this next Summer.

The boat is in good condition, but we need a dinghy, and/or a life raft. I would also like to get a heavier prop. We want to have the cushion's re-done, and we need to have the plumbing checked out. (All of that along with updating the electronics)

It's going to be a step by step process. In light of that can anyone recommend a used parts dealer?

We look forward to many adventures. We have a 16 year old a 6 year old. We plan on taking her (the Woodwind) to Catalina and all up and down the Southern, California coast.

We would love to connect with other sailing families in the SD area.

Thanks and Take Care,

Brian Hevrin

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Greetings and Welcome!

You'll find that most of the original parts suppliers for Ericsons are no longer in business. The list of original suppliers can be found in most of the owners manuals.

Because technologies have changed so many times since your boat was built, you'll want to research and/or solicit the advice of the other owners found on this site. For instance, the anchor light you have at the top of your mast is probably an old incandescent model - which uses tons of power. These days, everyone replaces that unit with the new LED technology which uses but a fraction of the original.

On the other hand, you will find many owners on this board who, when replacing equipment, are very happy to give (or sell at a cheap price) their old original equipment to another Ericson owner. This is useful for things such as depth sounders, sails, etc. Other gear - such as rigging, etc - you really want to purchase new, etc.

Do some searches on your boat, and feel free to start posting your questions and concerns about projects you might have coming up.

Again, welcome to Ericson!

//sse

Lew Decker

Member III
I hope you don't get flamed for buying a boat "sight unseen".:egrin: - But...I have done similar things and it's always been good. Congratulations. The Ericson 29 is a fine boat.

If you like browsing through nautical stuff, don't miss Minney's in Costa Mesa. Ernie has everything you need, and a lot more stuff you don't need. That's what makes his place so unique. Every time I go in there I'm tempted to buy things for that 80' schooner I'm sure to own some day.

Best of luck.

shevrin

Thanks

Lew,

Thanks for the info on Minneys. We got a really good deal with our Ericson. We had her checked out, and we are pleased that she is a solid boat. Is there a dedicated web site for Ericson owners in the SD area?

Brian