• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

July 4th ...

SingPilot

4th of July

I'll be hosting a dock BBQ and harbor cruise at King Harbor. Will watch the fireworks from just inside the breakwater. May be on the Hunter43 (Pacific Breeze) if the crowd gets too big.

Michael Krebs
E32-134 "Voice of Reason"
Redondo KIng Harbor, California

Startacker

4th of July

My wife are new to the San Pedro Area but will be on "Gypsy Woman" from the 4th for a whole week. We are new to our E30 but plan to sail to Catalina for a few days. We've heard there is a dock party at Cabrillo but as new comers not sure where to go. Looking forward to any festivities in the area.

Siltbird

Member I
Marina del Rey Fireworks

Does anyone know how crazy it gets in the channel to watch the fireworks? Is it worth it? Or should we just stay at the dock and drink up?

Jim Payton

Inactive Member
SD Bay

Don't know about your area, but San Diego Bay gets really crowded. They usually have fireworks that are on a barge in the middle of the bay and they can't fire them off until all boats are a safe distance away. And if anybody drifts too close they have to shut down until all is safe again.
Too many novice boaters that don't have enough brains to understand that drinking and boating don't mix, can be real troublesome and ruin it for everyone.
I usually stay away. I think you can see better from a distance anyway.

Jim of Doldrums