• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Aloft on my E-27

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Thanks Tim,

Had this YouTube page for a while now and I thought I would finally put some sailing clips up there. I have been documenting my adventures on DVD's for a couple year now thanks to the ease of the iLife features on my Mac. Those are too big to post but little clips are not. Now I need to get a better camera than my little Olympus point and shoot that does video. I would love to see some of other EY.org folks post some vids as well. Great way to check out each others boats.

Sam Vickery

Member III
Jeff,

I just came in from 2 hours of solo sailing out of Dana Point. Not a lot of wind but it's always good to be on the water. Thought I better get at least some sail time in before the weather moves in.

Thanks for posting the videos. Its great to see you under sail. Were you solo? "On the leash" is always a good idea when alone.

Sam
North Star
86' 32-3

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Good to hear from you Sam,

I am anchored to a desk right now. Wish I could have been on the water today. Yes I was solo in that video when I sailed to Cat harbor last August. I always wear my pfd when I'm solo, and try to stay leashed as much as possible. Especially when I'm using the auto pilot solo!

TRMN8R

Member II
Thx for sharing! Always nice to see another 27 in a video; unfortunately, we're on the hard for a few more months up here so we can only dream!

Dave Hussey

Member III
Jeff, I loved the dramatic scene...." pretty tired... been on the helm now for 4 or 5 hours"..and then the camera pans over to "Otto" :egrin:

Sven

Seglare
Loved it

Great clips Jeff.

-Sven (who didn't go to the Isthmus because of the pouring rain :rolleyes_d: )

Last edited:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hey Dave,

Regardless of "Sinbad the Simrad" sailing the boat, it still gets tiring just keeping your eyes open. What should have been a 6 hour trip became a 7.5 hr trip. Also I find time passes faster underway when I have crew. I was solo. I know, I know, life's rough.

"-Sven (who didn't go to the Isthmus because of the pouring rain )"

Let me guess? You Sven?

I have a lot more sailing clips on my YouTube main page. Go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/jazapuss

Thanks for watching all!:egrin:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Very nice, Jeff - I especially like your friends reaction to your announcement of filming ("Ahhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooo...........).... :egrin:

//sse

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Thanks Sean. Those Guy's are a little dinghy. A couple of retired live a boards that hardly ever take their boats out, let alone go aloft. They are good for one thing though.... hoisting me up there.

Oh, yeah, they both own Catalina's.:esad: