• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Early Spring Raft Up Anyone?

Desiderata

Member II
We would love to get some E-boats together for a raft up! We are here in Sarasota. Would come north to St. Pete or the Bradenton River. Any Vikings out there who would like to come?
:egrin: Mike and Cheri

WBurgner

Member III
Spring raft up

We might be interested if the timing is right. We hope to depart for the Bahamas in mid-March. We currently sail out of St Pete/Boca Ciega, but know the Manatee River area if you wanted to meet in the middle, say Emerson Point.

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
I'll be in Tampa for the Yankees spring training in late February & March. I would like to get together with some E sailors while I am in the neighborhood.

Desiderata

Member II
Great, Maybe late February so everybody responing so far can adhere to their schedule. Should we consider a marina,Twin Dolphin, Sunspree or Regatta Pointe? or raftup at say, Desoto Pointe?:xmas_sant

WBurgner

Member III
Spring Raft Up

Emerson Point across from Desoto Point would have more room. Depending on wind direction it might be better.

We were berthed at Twin Dolphin for a few years and really liked it. It is an easy walk to restaurants in downtown Bradenton and there is a nice Museum/Aquarium next door. I would prefer it to Regatta Point.

Desiderata

Member II
Where weekends are concerned, my schedule allows any weekend in Jan. thru the weekend of Feb. 6th
We'll be attending a pig roast with Sailmonster (sailmonster.com) at Cortez Marina on Sat. Feb. 13th. Sailors welcome. Then we can come the weekend of March 6th. Either Emerson Point, or Twin Dolphin is fine with us any of these weekends. What say ye?
Mike & Cheri:xmas_grin:xmas_grin

Captron

Member III
A Vote for Terra Ceia Bay

Hey E... Swabbies,

If we still own Kismet come February (she's for sale ... sadly) I'd vote for a raft up inside Terra Ceia Bay just a marker north of the Manatee River. Quiet, peaceful, protected and if you want, there's a salty old fish shack down to the eastern end of the bay. Be prepared to be awakened in the morning by the birds roosting on Bird Key ... of course we could keep them up at night!

Perfect time of the year by the way. Cold fronts bring strong southwesterlies as they approach and strong northeasterlies when they pass. Head north when they approach and south after they pass. Hopefully a front will coincide with the party. Usually these things are about a week or so apart. PLUS if you don't like the conditions outside, there's always the ICW.

Peace on Earth,

Capt Ron