• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

The Station Fire as seen off shore.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
The Station Fire as seen from 5 miles off shore Saturday Aug. 29th and from Cat Harbor Sunday the 30th. And Wilson the Buffalo just for fun.

Attachments

• Fire5MilesOut.jpg
    Fire5MilesOut.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 53
  • BackSideFire.jpg
    BackSideFire.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Wilson.jpg
    Wilson.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 47

Sven

Seglare
Hi Jeff,

So you did go out there. We did too, but we never got off the boat. We just stayed on board getting text messages and calls and trying to keep track of the fire over the radio. Sailed back to Cabrillo first this Sunday morning.

http://picasaweb.google.com/sven.grenander/StationFire#

I didn't realize the buffalo were on "our" side of the fence ? I thought they were kept well away from humans due to some human-buffalo misunderstandings in the past.

We'll be heading back this coming Friday through Sunday.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I was wondering about you and Nancy, Sven. I looked for you on Saturday & Sunday the 29th & 30th. I even asked the Harbor Master if they had a boat under the name Senta II or Serendipity. They made a call out to all boats and no response. I hope you did not sustain any fire damage. I was on the phone a lot to friends I have in Altadena on the 29th. They we're all a bit nervous and ready with the pumps in their swimming pools but they we're spared. On Sunday as I was listening to KFWB, I heard reports of evacuations in my old neighborhood in Tujunga. I am sure the new owner of my old house was evacuated. Glad I don't live there any more.

I did see Martin & Diane though. We took a short hike out to Wells beach with their dog Shasta. It was nice to spend some time with them. I sailed back on Wednesday.