• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

anybody out there?

gwas02

as a two ericson owner in south florida I am wondering why I am the only southeastern member.These boats are great and as a guy who has owned many boats over the years i would rank the e boats tops in value for used vessels.There has to be a lot of e owners all around me right?

2ducs

Hey I'm here, I'm here!!!!!!! Well not quite yet but working on it.
Sold the Jeanneau in 2002 when my daughter started college and its all over and time to start sailing again so we're looking at a 35 MK III in Mobile and hope to purchase if it turns out to be a good boat.
Cheers

Ray Rhode

Member III
We have a pretty good collection up here in the panhandle. There was a dealer in Destin and we have four E-boats at my marina, including a very nice 86 E-32 that is for sale. In addition to Journey we have two other E-32s. About 200 yards north is another E-35. There is a problem witht he E-35 in this area because the Destin/East pass bridge is only about 48 ft. and this restricts access to the gulf. Journey's rig had been shortened (actually I think they put the E-32 rig on her) but we still have to be careful.

Ray Rhode
S/V Journey
E-35-III, #189

Rhynie

Member III
Rhynie here, an E 34T docked in Mandeville on the N shore of Lake Pontchartrain. There was tremendous loss of boats with Katrina but we were spared to a large extent here.

amadon light

Member II
new owner Pascagoula Mississippi

yes there are costal owners here on the small pond look forward to hearing from you I have a 31 Independence hope to make destin soon on my cruising list

tadslc

Member III
Hey 2ducs

I would highly recommend reading Ray's comments and taking them into consideration when purchasing a boat. I have one of the 32's at Ray's marina and mast height was a big reason why I ended up with my boat. Besides the Destin bridge, many ICW bridges along the gulf are not going to allow an unmodified 35 through due to height restrictions.

Also, the 32 that is for sale at our marina is a really nice boat. You'll also probably save at least $10K compared to the 35. I've been on both and don't see that much $$$ difference.

I noticed you are in Tuscaloosa (Roll Tide!) and if you're looking into a marina for your new purchase, consider ours. I live in Birmingham and find I can make it to Niceville, where our marina is located, in less time than I can get to Turner where the 35 is located.

Good Luck

2ducs

Hey 2ducs

I would highly recommend reading Ray's comments and taking them into consideration when purchasing a boat. I have one of the 32's at Ray's marina and mast height was a big reason why I ended up with my boat. Besides the Destin bridge, many ICW bridges along the gulf are not going to allow an unmodified 35 through due to height restrictions.

Also, the 32 that is for sale at our marina is a really nice boat. You'll also probably save at least $10K compared to the 35. I've been on both and don't see that much $$$ difference.

I noticed you are in Tuscaloosa (Roll Tide!) and if you're looking into a marina for your new purchase, consider ours. I live in Birmingham and find I can make it to Niceville, where our marina is located, in less time than I can get to Turner where the 35 is located.

Good Luck

Hello Tad and thanks for the heads up. We are not new to the area and are familiar with the bridges and passes. Perdido Pass and Destin definately out. After moving down from the Seattle area we quickly got back into sailing and docked the Jeanneau at Pirates Cove.
Most of weekends and vacations spent on Bottoms Up was spent between Orange Beach and Destin via ICW and offshore so bridges were of no concern.

I did notice a 32 for sell at Niceville. Is this the boat and marina (Ray's) that you refer to? Are you at Bluewater Bay? Years back we looked at a C&C there. We plan on going to Mobile and Pensacola this weekend; may need to add Destin.

I have driven to Mobile from BHM on 65 and it seems to take forever compared to taking the country roads from TCL. Well we're just getting back to shopping for a boat and we'd rather be in Pensacola than Mobile.
Time will tell. Regards,

Wayne Gilbert

tadslc

Member III
The boat for sale is located at our marina, Alan's Little Marina in Niceville, FL on Boggy Bayou / Choctawhatchee Bay . The address is 815 Bayshore Drive, Niceville, FL if you want to Mapquest the location.

I've had my boat for about a year and looked from Mobile to Panama City. This marina is by far the sailboat friendliest one I found. It was recommended by someone at Shure Sails in Pensacola. It takes me about 3 hrs 45 mins to get to the marina from my house. It takes me a little over 4 hrs. to get to Turner Marine.

We also are the home to the "Niceville Yacht Club" which can be found here- http://nicevilleyc.org/
We have 3 life video feeds if you'd like to see the docks.

I'll be down this weekend, if you get a chance, stop by and say hi.

My email address is ericson32.3@gmail.com if you need to get in touch. I'l give you my phone # if you want to talk.

Ray Rhode

Member III
Wayne,

If you do stop by Alan's this weekend I'll be happy to arrange to show you the E-32. I can get a hold of the broker and ask him to let me show you the boat.

Ray

sleather

Sustaining Member
as a two ericson owner in south florida I am wondering why I am the only southeastern member.These boats are great and as a guy who has owned many boats over the years i would rank the e boats tops in value for used vessels.There has to be a lot of e owners all around me right?

Unfortunately the Owner/Boat Registry, under People & Projects above ^, hasn't made the transition to the updated wedsite yet.

Keep checking, it's a cool tool to find others in your area.

2ducs

Thanks for the offer Ray. Looks like the boat is "The Other Women" from what I found on Yacht Trader. Appears to be very clean and nice but like Roy said in Jaws, "We need a bigger boat".

Wayne

SeaRogue

Member II
New E 32 owner on the Gulf

Greetings,

I just bought the E 32-3 "The Other Woman", located in Niceville and will be moving her to her new home in Treasure Island Florida. I thought that I would say hello and introduce myself to the Ericson sailors here on the forum.

Ray Rhode

Member III
Welcome. I have the E35-III across the dock from "The Other Woman". Will be sorry to see her go but glad to see her out on the water again. She has sat too long.

When you are at the dock stop by and say hello.

Ray Rhode
S/V Journey
E35-III, #189

SeaRogue

Member II
The Other Woman

Hello Ray,

Thanks for the note. I will be there within the next couple of weeks to arrange delivery of the boat. I will look around the marina for you when I am there. I plan to bring her down to Treasure Island probably sometime next month. Although I live in central Florida now, I grew up in that area and used to visit Boggy Bayou to fish with my grandfather when I was just a tike.

It seems that the other woman did not get much use. I am told that it is a one owner boat with a remote owner who rarely used it. It is in remarkable condition for a boat of that age.

Ray Rhode

Member III
You are correct about the condition of the boat. There was an Ericson dealer in Destin and they sold and maintained the boat. The guy that worked for Sailing South is now in business for himself and has been keeping the boat up since it arrived over a year ago.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Ray

Guys,

Looks like I will be moving out to Las Vegas. Lots of reasons for that, none of which are pertinent here. After all, if Howard Hughes did it, I can to. So my venerable E-27, Reefer, is for sale. It's a 1973 with a Honda 4-stroke outboard. Sails include main, killer working jib, storm jib, cruising chute in sock, 155 genoa. All the extras. Vang, backstay adjuster, Cunningham, outhaul, GPS, UHF. 406 EPIRB, stereo, two Autohelms in Pelican case, WSI, inverter, pressure water at sink, several stoves including Origo two-burner, Ray Marine depth/speedo/water temp/log/trip log, countdown clock, two anchors, two fathoms of unbreakable chain on primary (Fortress), hard dink w/ wooden oars, new spar, whisker poles, Lars Bergstrom one-of-a-kind hibachi holder, MOM, bimini, boom tent, dehumdifier, spare tiller, tethers, holding tank, life jackets and lots of other stuff I cannot remember. In 30 years of racing, we finished off the podium maybe 10 times. Boat has sailed to Cuba and cruised extensively in western Gulf. Draft is 3'11"; beam is 9'; LOA is 26'9"; LWL is 21'6"; top of mast off water is 38'. I am the boat's second owner and have owned it since 1976. It's both a rock and a rocket ship. Last race I did on it--with stellar crew--we finished 6:24 ahead of the second boat in our class IN REAL TIME.

Morgan Stinemetz

Capt Jeff

Member I
I'm here again!

I have been away cruising all over Fla and just got back from the Dry Tortugas west of Key West. I live in Tampa and would love to find others close to cruise with or hang out with. BTW if anyone ever wants to go to the Tortugas to dive... DO IT! It has THE nicest reefs I have ever seen and all the local authorities were super nice!

Anywho... I am back in Tampa and soon ( November) will be moving to Ft Myers Fl.

SeaRogue

Member II
Sorry I missed you

Ray,

I was at your dock on Tuesday. I saw "Journey" but did not see you. The E32 formerly known as "The Other Woman" is in the yard in Shalimar getting a new bottom and having her old name removed. She will emerge from the yard as "Moonshine" and return to her old slip awaiting the trip to her new home in Treasure Island.

Sorry that I missed you. Hopefully I will be able to say hello when I return to get "Moonshine".

Mindscape

Member III
32-3

SeaRouge - congrats on the new to you (and sounds like almost like new) 32-3. I've got a '85 32-3 and love it. I'm sure you will be happy with this boat and the advice the folks on this great site will happily give you, just ask!

We sail up on Lake Michagan and have had a great experience with our boat Mindscape. When I was shopping E boats weren't on my original list, but got talked into looking at one and next thing you know, I own one. Glad to this day I bought an Ericson! Welcome aboard.