• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Jeff will hate us :-)

Sven

Seglare
On the 1st we headed out Angeles Gate and set sail just outside. Three hours later we doused our sails and went looking for a patrol boat in the Isthmus ... a single tack, no engine :egrin:

On the way back, same story except we maxed out at 9 kts coming back into Angeles Gate.

We were on the East side for the weekend, lucky to have found any mooring at all, and boy was it rolly :eek:

Great weekend except for two nights when a stinkpotter with an un-muffled generator spent 90 minutes presumably cooking each evening. I think he was running without water in the muffler and it was like having a yard blower pointed at us. :soapbox:

The S.O.B. was moved down the line when the bumping began.

The weekend was absolutely wonderful and the sailing was spectacular !

:clap:

-Sven

Last edited:

Sven

Seglare
Hi Mike,

What time of day?

We cast off at 9:27 and passed Angeles Light (gate ?) at 10:15. I put in one reef and hoisted around 10:30 to 10:35. We were at Ship rock at 13:00 and at Mike 3 at 13:30.

Our slip neighbors cast off about 45 minutes after us in their Catalina 42 and arrived 45 minutes to an hour after us.

It was wonderful to once again leave larger boats in our wake :) On the return we had some custom (?) 50+ footer that ruined our perfect record and flew past us right around the time when we pegged 9 kts with surf help.

We were also parallel with a beautiful E32 probably a NM off Ageles Gate on the return.

There was a flush deck 39 that came in on the 2nd with a shredded genoa. I didn't see its name and it was gone the next day. Picture below.

There is also a 39B owner from Cabrillo marina who stopped by and said he'd meet us back at Cabrillo. I think he was there on someone else's boat.

As usual, the beautiful Ericson lines got compliments ... made us proud :egrin:

-Sven

Attachments

• E39 w shredded genoa.jpg
    E39 w shredded genoa.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 28