• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cabrillo _is_ very nice !

Sven

Seglare
I'm amazed at how many sailors we've already gotten to know, plus the office staff, and Tommy at the fuel dock etc.. The neglected boats are also in considerably better shape than what you'd often see in MDR or Mission Bay for that matter.

We got to see Jeff sail out yesterday and today we saw a number of Ericsons when we did a harbor cruise, fuel top-off, pumpout and Hurricane Gulch exploration. We met Jay who thought he recognized Senta II as an E39B. Jay sent us a picture some years ago, taken in the Isthmus, when we were on La Petite, but I think this is the first time we actually met.

The wind howled again by mid-day but it was a great day !

-Sven

Bill Upchurch

Member II
Cabrillo is very nice.

Sven,

Welcome. I keep my boat at the North end of the marina at Cabrillo Beach Yacht Club. My wife and I walk the entire Marina almost every night. It is very nice.
When you mentioned Tommy at the Fuel dock it made me think of something I want to pass on to you. I had been using "land gas station" unleaded fuel in my dingy outboard and each year had to have it completely overhauled because of how ethanol gunks up the fuel system.

One day Tommy told me that they don't use ethanol at the fuel dock because the Coast Guard won't let them. It was messing with the Coast Guard outboards. I now buy my outboard fuel from Tommy while I eat one of his donuts.