• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Isthmus for the 4th ?

Sven

Seglare
I think we will try to head over on Wednesday morning.

Is anyone else planning on going ?

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Nope, I will be in Puget Sound. Hopefully do some sailing on my friend John's 1970 E-30. He sailed all the way to Port Townsend, WA from Cabrillo Marina in Pedro. Took him a little over a Month. He left May 2nd. Hugged the coast the whole way. Hell of a sailor with a hell of a boat!
:egrin:

FYI the Two Harbors Fire Works Show is Sunday July 5th for some reason.:confused:

I usually pass on the big holiday weekends. Hopefully I will get to Cat Harbor in July for more than a couple days.

Check the event's calendar at Two Harbors. Lot's going on that weekend: http://www.visitcatalinaisland.com/twoHarbors/Calendar.php

Sven

Seglare
Hi Jeff,

I usually pass on the big holiday weekends. Hopefully I will get to Cat Harbor in July for more than a couple days.

We don't pass on any days off :)

Agree about the crowds but other than canceling their time off I'm not sure what to do about them :egrin:

Puget sound sounds pretty inviting too !

-Sven

Skip Jim

Member II
Sven,

How was the trip up the coast? Did you have any problem finding a slip in Oceanside or Dana? Both harbors are nice places.

Except for the last part of the trip, were you able to sail?

Jim

Sven

Seglare
Hi Jim,

How was the trip up the coast?

It was great ! I'm glad we did it in three days because it was very relaxed. We got rain one day but nothing more than steady sprinkles.

Did you have any problem finding a slip in Oceanside or Dana? Both harbors are nice places.
We lucked out in both. I gather that we just happened to get that last available one in Dana point.

The only downer was the Selena fuel spill which I described in the other thread: http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=7668 . That was both extremely unpleasant and scary.

Except for the last part of the trip, were you able to sail?
We sailed all the way except for entering/leaving slips and the last hour inside the LA Harbor breakwater. Basically stayed on the port tack all day long every day.

We tried trolling for fish with cheapo casting reels and had something grab hook line and sinker right off the reel before we had a chance to try to slow it down. Later we snagged some kelp and as soon as the kelp broke the surface we had a sea lion right behind it ... wonder if they were following all the way ?

We really, really enjoyed it, except the fuel spill.

Dropping the Hertz car at the airport worked really well too.

Thanks again for the offer to help.

-Sven