• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Sailing buddies wanted

edwardgato

Hi All,

My name is Edward Gato I own an Ericson 29. My wife and I are both retired and have plenty of time to sail. The problem is my wife Elaine is a little afraid of going sailing with just me to handle the boat because of my lack of experience. I don’t blame her. Although, experienced with operating power boats, I am a neophyte when it comes to sailing. I have just completed my “ASA 101: Basic Keelboat Sailing Certification”. Which means that I know almost nouthing about sailing. However, I am willing to learn the ropes from knowledgeable sailing buddies.

So there you have it we need some sailing buddies! Anyone interested contact us via email: edwardgato@msn.com. We hope to go sailing often so we would like to have several sailing buddies. We live in the Tampa Bay area. Our boat is wet slipped at Little Harbor, Ruskin, FL.<O:p
We are available for sailing on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Ed Gato :egrin:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Hey Ed -

Congrats on the boat and on your ASA certification!

We have lots of members down in the Tampa Bay area - so I'm sure you'll hook up with someone...

//sse

Rhynie

Member III
Ed,
Check with your nearest yacht club; it is about time for weeknight (usually Wed or Fri) racing to crank up. It is a lot of fun and more of an excuse to get out on the water than really racing. Most clubs will encourage participation and probably help find a couple of crew for you.

omgirl

Member II
Tampa Area Info

Hi Ed,

My husband and I would love to head out with you ... but we are in New Hampshire still waiting to even be close to being able to launch our boat for the season.... been a loooong, coooold winter up here. :rolleyes:

We are thinking about relocating to FL and are checking out a few places. We just got back from exploring the Jacksonville/Northeast area for a long weekend. We are very interested in learning more about the Tampa/St. Petersburg area.

We were hoping to find some sailors who could let us know their impression of the area for sailing... as well as for living. Any insights?

Thanks! - Jennifer

Tampa Bay Sailing

Hi,

I've lived and sailed in Tampa Bay and environs for 33 years on an Ericson 27. What do you want to know? I've done most of it.

Morgan Stinemetz

edwardgato

wanted sailing buddies

Hi Sean,

It took me a while to figure out how to reply to your remarks. I hope I have it right. Thanks for the complements on my boat and course compleation.

Ed

edwardgato

Tampa Bay Area

Hi Jennifer,

We love the Tampa Bay Area so much to do here! We are looking forward to meeting many new people in the sailing community.

Come on down the water is great and the climate is warm most of the year. It never really gets cold but for a few days out of the year. We only have two or three days of cold weather at the very most per year.

As for sailing we have the great big Tampa Bay and the Gulf of Mexico for sailing.

Ed

Last edited:

edwardgato

I want to learn it all

Hi Morgan,

I want to learn it all and you sound like the guy I would like to learn from.

Ed

edwardgato

Response to Cheri and Mike McNulty

Hi Cheri and Mike,

Thanks for the invite we will try and make to the raft up. It sounds like fun. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys.

Ed & Elaine/El Gato E29

sleather

Sustaining Member
Owners in your area

Ed, At the top of the page(in the blue banner) there's a People & Projects area that lists all the the owners and can be searched by boat size.....and location(state). There's usually an e-mail contact address for the members to be contacted, along w/ their location. If nothing else you can "look" for them out on the water. If you had posted this a few months ago(winter) I may have been tempted as I do some "low key" instruction during the summer and usually get down to Florida to escape for awhile.;)

Unfortunately the list hasn't yet been incorporated into the new site design yet, so keep on checking it........and get yours registered too. Welcome aboard!

Last edited: