• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Photo shoots during May gathering ?

Sven

Seglare
We never got any pictures of La Petite straining at the leash to windward. As a matter of fact, I don't think we ever got a picture of La Petite under sail at any time, except from on board.

We wish we had.

Maybe we could set aside some time during our May gathering in Twin Harbors to just go out and have our viking beauties strut their under-sail stuff and take lots of pictures ?

Of course, the weather would have to agree, providing clear skies and a few whitecaps !

Thoughts ?

-Sven

Sam Vickery

Member III
Sven,

Great Idea! I will bring my camera. What do you think of a pic of the entire group (minus one) under sail. That is, if the weather permits.

Sam

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Somebodies going to have to stay on the Island to take the group under sail photo. Preferably with a telephoto lens. If Glyn and Martin come I am sure they have the right cameras. There are a couple of good vantage points on the trail above Cherry & Fourth Of July Coves. Maybe we could drop somebody off on Bird Rock for that matter.

What's wrong with a few white caps? The problem we had at the last photo shoot was no wind. Although some of the shots came out nice that day, especially the one's Martin took, my favorite shot was taken by Greg or his daughter the weekend before where just Greg and I we're out and we did have wind.

I really like this shot despite the fact that I have my fenders (MDR Burgees) on deck. About 12 knots of wind here.

Attachments

• Sailing pics 8-3-08 042_1.jpg
    Sailing pics 8-3-08 042_1.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Meanolddad

Member III
Jessica just bought herself a new digital slr camera with all the bells and whistles so we can take lots of pictures when she gets there, probably some time Friday. She will have her telephoto lense along. I will have my little point and shoot which is the one that took the picture in Jeff's post. More pictures are always good.
See you all there
Greg