• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Avalon in March?

Siltbird

Member I
Does anyone know what the mooring situation is this time of year? Is it starting to get crowded again, or is it pretty easy? We're thinking of St. Patricks day.

noproblemo2

Member III
Shouldn't be too bad that time of year. Avalon is always busy with tourists though but the boating season gets crazy in May there. There is always the tranquility of the Isthmus which is our favorite.

SingPilot

Avalon in March! YES!!!!

Several great things about Avalon in March. I was there a week ago. The mooring rate (until Easter weekend) is the usual daily rate, but pay for 2 days and get THE NEXT 5 DAYS FREE! For me, that was $32. a week for my E32.

The other great thing is that there is a webcam to view the harbor. I use it to check on the boat when I am on the mainland flying (to pay for the boat) during the day. It is:

www.catalinas.net

Click on "Live view".

I just bought a Hunter 43, and will be selling the E32, so if there is any interest in a great boat with a slip in Redondo-King Harbor, let me know!

Michael Krebs
E32-134
"Voice of Reason"

Davis Modlin

Inactive Member
Micheal,

Are you one of the Krebs brothers that went to Agoura High?
I'm also sorry to see your leaving the E world

Pat Modlin

Salsa E29
#226:egrin:

SingPilot

Still in Ericson World!

No, sorry it took so long to reply, but I am not from Agoura Hills. Went to Santa Clara High in Oxnard. My grandfather was harbormaster at Channel Islands when there were only 5 moorings and chained dinghys on the beach, and the commercial fishing boats there. I went fishing with him from the age of 5 or 6. We went to Anacapa and Santa Cruz every tuesday, his day off.

When Ventura Opened up, he went up there and was Harbormaster there for 10 years. My father was Commodore at VYC when the SantaClara River flooded into the marina. I was there that day.

I was Junior Commodore there in 1970.

I still have the E32 and the Hunter. The Hunter is getting closer to being finished, so the sale of the E32 is getting to be more important.

I am off to Avalon tomorrow for a week or two.

Last edited:

Davis Modlin

Inactive Member
Hello Michael,

I saw your last name and thought that you might be of the Agoura clan, But I guess not. Yeah I was there durring the flood of the harbor. My Dad was living on Cornwall lane at the time and I spent alot of time in Ventura and at the harbor. That was some wild storm huh? In those days I spent alot of time at Santa Cruz and Sants Rosa as I do now. Maybe we'll see you out there someday. Have a safe trip.

Davis Modlin
Salsa
E-29
#226:egrin:

Last edited: