• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Glyn, do you have extra pups tonight ?

Sven

Seglare
Hi Glyn,

KPCC keeps reporting that 80 (?) seeing eye dog pups were evacuated due to the fires and put in "foster" homes. Did you get any temporary borders ?

-Sven

Glyn Judson

Extra pups all over the Southland tonight.

Sven and all,

None of them are staying on an Ericson (list content relevance) but one came home with me, Alvin a yellow Lab guide dog in the final stages of harness training.

That was me on KPCC radio today reporting that all 70 to 80 guide dogs were successfully evacuated from the Guide Dogs of America school campus in Sylmar, only 1/2 of a mile or less from the 600 or so mobile homes that were destroyed today. Over 150 puppy raisers stepped up to the plate and showed up at the Rose Bowl parking lot this afternoon to take the dogs home. Many went home without a pup but were glad to have made the effort to help.

Sorry to the list but I thought this might be of some interest to some or all of you, it's a sweet story with a happy ending as opposed to all the sad news on the air about these devastating fires all over the southland. The Sylmar fire is now up to 8,000 acres and growing. Send good thoughts to the firefighters, police and all the folks who have become homeless in the last few short hours.

Later,

Glyn

Tom Plummer

Member III
Glyn,

I have become so accustomed to having one of the Guide Dogs at each of our NW Ericson rendezvous’ (sailing content) that I have come to look at them as a part of the Ericson family and I am pretty sure that I am not alone in that sentiment. I am really glad to hear that all of the dogs are safe. As a member of the IAM&AW I really appreciate what you and your fellow puppy raisers do for the blind.

Glyn Judson

Helping the pups.

Tom, With your being a member of that union which has stood by GDA since 1948, the thanks all go to you my friend. Glyn