• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Raftup anyone?

Desiderata

Member II
Just came home from a great weekend and a lovely raftup in north Sarasota! Met some new friends and saw some old. Almost had an encounter with an E-27. We were so close, I hollerd out to them "Hey, nice boat" (since we are and E-27 too!!) We thought they saw us but they just turned and went out of the anchorage.We were bummed and got to thinking maybe we could have a raftup of Ericsons!! Would anyone come?? Somewhere on the west coast of Florida.

E-27 Desiderata
Mike and Cheri
Sarasota, FL

Ray Rhode

Member III
Great idea, but we are up here in the panhandle. We have a few E boats in the area.

Ray Rhode
S/V Journey
E35-III, #189

Mike,

As an Ericson 27 owner, I think that you've got a great idea. However, how many E-owners do you know of? Can you draw from Apollo Beach, St. Petersburg, Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete Beach, Venice? Find your market, find the owners, and I'll help you promote it. Is there a place no more than a day's trip where you think we could all meet? Should there be a restaurant, a marina? What are your thoughts?

Morgan

Desiderata

Member II
Okay,
Sounds like there's interest, now we need a location somewhere between St. Pete & Sarasota (?). Some kind of facilities might be nice, restaurant/marina/park etc. Any suggestions? Ourselves, we've not been north of Egmont or south of Venice.
Ambient thoughts:

Sarasota Sailing Squadron

Mar Vista Restaurant & anchorage (north end of Longboat Key)

Vinoy Basin

Anything on the Manatee River?

Love to offer enough time for the panhandle Ericson's to plan to attend.

Cheri & Mike:egrin:

Desiderata

Member II
Raftup!! Dates and place!!

Hi Everybody,
Sorry we kind off dropped the ball on the raftup. We live in Fl and it was cold up north, so we were distracted with guests for several weeks. There were no responses to our last post about a place or dates, so we'll try again!

Dates: pick one.

Saturday May 23rd or Saturday June 20th

Places: pick one

1.Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant, North Longboat Key (near Jewfish Key)
(achoring only no overnight docks)
2.Holiday Inn Sunspree, St Petersburg
(docking $1.50 a foot I think, or anchorage) Holiday Inn Restaurant
and Tiki bar
3.Cortez Cove Marina:
Old Florida, Nearby resaurant (Cortez Cove Kitchen) Docking
or anchoring available.

If this is too soon for some of you, we can do it again in the fall. Ericsons unite!
Mike & Cheri McNulty:egrin:

SASSY

Member II
raft up

How about Twin Dolphins Marina. Great facilities, good restaurants with in walking distance, it's 4 miles up the Manatee river in Bradenton. We would love to join you no matter were it is but May works best as we would like to hop the Okeechobee and head up the East coast before Hurricane season starts. Sunspree is nice but the smell of rotting sea grass floating in the basin is quite nauseating. We spent three weeks there last year, they make a mean frozen strawberry daquiri.
Andy

Desiderata

Member II
Hi Andy,
Love strawberry daquiris! rotting sea grass?- not so much!
Today we went by land yacht up to check out Cortez Cove Marine, and
Cortez Kitchen. They just rebuilt the whole place, docks, bathrooms and the place is almost empty. We could have a cocktail party at the end of the dock on a very large deck. Make our own Daquiris! We had lunch next door at the Cortez Kitchen. Mike's grouper sandwich was very good my popcorn shimp not so good. They have beer and wine. Live music on the weekends. I think we shoud give it a try! May 23, 2009. Do I have a 2nd? All in favor say aye.
Captain Cheri & Mike McNulty:egrin:

Desiderata

Member II
Raft-up!

Hi, Ericson Sailors,

We are planning the "1st Annual Florda Gulf Coast Ericson Raft-up", and Dock party.
Saturday May 23rd, at Cortz Cove Marina. Slips available call for
reservations, 941-761-4554. or anchor nearby. Bring an hors d'oeuvre
to share and B.O.Y.B. Maritime Museum and Dinner/ music at the Cortez Kitchen or Seafood Shack within walking distance. 2 mins. from intracoastal across from Bradenton Beach.:cheers:

Thanks Mike and Cheri McNulty phone:941-365-1626
cherimcnulty@yahoo.com