• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Sailing on NPR

lbertran

Member III
Hello All-
I hope this won't be seen as an abuse of my posting privileges. In order to support my serious sailing habit, I'm a news editor and producer at NPR. I've been working on a series that will air throughout this summer on Weekend Edition Sunday, that I thought might interest some of you. It's a series of essays written and voiced by Captain Fatty Goodlander about his cruising life aboard his 38' cutter, Wildcard. Captain Fatty writes for several sailing publications and is a funny and experienced cruiser. We'll be launching these pieces on Sunday, May 18 with an interview with the Captain and his opening essay. Weekend Edition Sunday can be heard on Sunday mornings on many NPR stations. You can also listen to these pieces by going to NPR.org. Hope you enjoy them!

NateHanson

Sustaining Member
Excellent! Thanks for the head's up. I hadn't heard any promos for this so I'm glad you posted about it.

BTW, do you know Charlie Mayer? Good friend of mine. (He got Carl Kasell to record our voicemail message as a wedding present 10 years ago! :D)

lbertran

Member III
Hi, Nate

Yeah, I work with Charlie and we just recently spent some quality time at a conference in Vermillion SD. I'll tell him you said hi.

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
Thanks for the tip but my wife already beat you to it! A long-time NPR listener, she already is excited about it. RT