• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

An Ericson 26...

Nakomis

Hello...

A 1969 Ericson 26 recently fell into my hands for a give away price. It needs considerable cosmetic work, which I am working hard at...but I have some basic questions on some more complicated issues.

(1)The rudder has some small cracks in it. My idea to fix this was to grind out the crack, fill it with epoxy, and then glass over it all. would this be the right way?

(2)How sturdy is the deck stepped mast? Does the supporting beam running along the overhead of the cabin have a history of problems?

(3)My Ericson only has an outboard well. I would like electricity. So far it seems that the best source of reliable power will be an outboard. Am I correct? Could an inboard be put in? Does anyone know of this being done?

(4)Having never sailed the boat, and now pouring thousands of dollars into it, I am taking a leap of faith in the sailing abilities of Ericsons. From what I have heard they are wonderful sailing boats. Has anyone with an older E26 had rough weather experience? How do they sail in general? What is a realistic cruising range for two people?

(5)Any inspiring comments or things I should look out for before the baot goes over the side would be great.

Thanks,

Nakomis
Aurora
'69 Ericson 26

On the Ericson 26, call me and discuss what you are doing. I've had an E-27 for 25 years and have been down some of the roads you are about to travel. Phone number here in Bradenton is 941-792-3044. Ericsons ARE good sailing boats. No problem there.

Morgan Stinemetz