• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Pacifica's new owner

boatboy

Inactive Member
For those interested... our Ericson 39-B s/v Pacifica has a new owner and name. She is now owned by Simon V. and goes under the new name of s/v Goodonya. Simon has been in Berkeley for the last couple months and will be around through the Boat Show. Following the pizza-beer party on Saturday night he will be heading out the Gate on Sunday with a next planned landing in the Marquesas. This is the first stop on a cruise which will have her end up in her new home port in Australia.

We wish both of them fair winds and following seas on this great adventure. A number of years down the road we plan to follow a similar course as the beginning or our own great adventure on our new boat Pura Vida (Hylas 47).

corkhead

Julian Ashton
sounds like Pacifica has found a good home!!
hope the 3 of you are doing well, I'll keep an eye for you on the bay!
julian

Lew Decker

Member III
Good on you, mate. Congratulations. Simon is lucky to have found Pacifica and I'm sure she will dance all the way to the Marquesas. Does he plan to keep in touch? You and Melissa were so good at that - I'd like to get an update now and then so maybe he will pick up where you left off.

As for Serendipity, what can I say? She's still here with no offers on the table. There was a buyer who was serious but the commute to this part of the world from his home got to be too big an issue. I haven't heard from him in some time so I guess it's back to square one. I never dreamed selling a boat could drag on like this. Meanwhile...Do you and Melissa need any windows washed? I work cheap.

boatboy

Inactive Member
Hi Lew,

Thanks for the comments. It's very surprising you have not been able to find a new home for Serendipity. When we saw her she was such a beautifully kept up boat, I would think she'd be snapped up in a heartbeat.

How are you advertising her and getting the word out? In San Francisco we are lucky enough to have the greatest sailing magazine anywhere - Latitude38. The responses from the classified ad we placed there were phenomenal. We are still getting occasional calls even though it has been a few months since we last ran it. While it's a bit out of your territory, you might want to try running one in the L38 classy classifieds. It's pretty cheap to do so, and they also get listed on their website. I would also definitely put together a web page about her with lots of photos and all the details you can think of. Put a link to this web page in every ad you place. Good luck.

We also hope Simon keeps some sort of online log. We are definitely pushing him to do so. As for the window washing, thanks for the offer, but with the new boat payments there is no way in the world we could afford to pay someone to do anything we can possibly do ourselves.

stbdtack

Member III
Hey Lew,

I see you moved over to D dock next door to me. Your boat looks terrific. It is hard to believe you havent gotten much response. You should def try Latt38 classifieds. Socal to Norcal is only a few days and a 39B is a rare find. Economy sucks so dont give up.

Ben