• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Surveyor in SF Bay Area

calaf

Hi there, can you please help a newbie who is trying to buy his first boat? I am looking for a good surveyor, preferably based in the East Bay. The boats I have been seriously looking at are an E29 and a San Juan 28.

ChrisS

Member III
Another good one is Peter Minkwitz 510-465-2527. Very methodical, and he answered questions I had after I made the purchase and paid his bill.

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
a second vote for peter. he left my wife very satisfied (much harder to do than you might think) doesn't mind you being at the survey or answering questions. Best advice... take advantage of that fact, you will become years smarter in a day!

gfilipi

Member I
I've heard great things on Peter as well. He is highly respected in the Bay Area as a "Buyers" surveyor. I was going to use him for my purchase last year but he was booked almost 2 months in advance. I used Randell Sharpe. He's based in Alameda. He spent 8 hours on the survey and after he was done, explained everything in detail and things that needed to done and ways to do them. His website is: http://www.sharpesurveying.com/

Also, spend the extra money and get the engine surveyed as well. Mike Haley from KKMI is pricey but does an excellent job.

Gene