• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

"Strictly Sail" show, April '08

Charlie B.

Member II
2008 Strictly Sail at Jack London Square

Loren,

Nothing like planning ahead! Hopefully we can get an early consensus for dinner. There should be plenty tales to hear this year with the oil spill experience Sounds like Howard was hit pretty hard in the Berkeley Marina. We were pretty lucky to get through it unscathed in the Richmond YC Marina.

Looking forward to the show and meeting the Olson/Ericson owners again.

Happy Holidays,
Charlie

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
I'll be there

looking forward to the show but really plan to enjoy that dinner...doesn't mater where, I know the company will be good! some one just decide where and when.:cheers:

Last edited:

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
Hope for good weather

last year it was still raining during the show and it was cold too. Some one needs to make a prayer to the weather gods! Still watching for that dinner suggestion. My wife took me to a really good bar-b-q joint just up the street from JLS It had Tony Roma's beat easy on price quantity and taste. I think they have a room in the back,if anyone is interested I'll check into it.

FullTilt E28

Member III
Help a newbie out

Whats this about a Sail only Ericson's owners dinner at the show? Spill the details?

I'm not sure what my plans will be but I will probably be working the show selling boats for US yachts - a new brand for the Ultimate 20, Ultimate 25 and Antrim 27.

I'll have my U20 there to take potential buyers for a sail - if any Ericson owners are up for a quick ride on a sport boat I'm game. Very possible the wife and I might find a parking spot for our Ericson 28 so we can just make it a weekend in Alameda/Jacklondon etc.

Finally flew the new to us Asymetric with sock two weeks ago. We didn't get to ambitious given the halyard was original 1986! It held long enough for a quick check and running of a chase line for the new one. New halyard is ready to install just need to make it happen. We had a great sail back to RYC with the Cold north wind blowing on the nose. Probably the first time we really trimmed out the E28 for max upwind sailing once we trimmed it out I was very pleased it points quite well!

FullTilt E28

Member III
2009 show rumors

I'm just guessing but I think they are looking at Marin as a possible show location. I suspect that the North tower of the Golden Gate small marina with lots of car parking space - easy bay access and the new conference center might be a top choice assuming the marina is updated and made into a first class location.

Thats what I've heard

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
There are no details yet

that is the problem here. but the deal is that this show attracts many Vikings from a fair distance. they are all in the same place at the same time, so it only makes sense to find a place to put faces to screen names.
therefor if we can get enough who are going to be at the show to want to get together then we will find a place and time to make it happen.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
OYC again?

http://www.oaklandyachtclub.com/
This club may well be having their Friday Night dinners again this year...
A large group of us visiting sailors have dined there a couple of years while at the show, which is right across the estuary from the YC. Very Handy. Great food, too!

:)

Perhaps one of the local Vikings could check into this option for 2008...

Best,
Loren in PDX

Last edited:
Can't wait for boat show.

Hello Vikings,
I'll be heading up to the boat show as well. Are there any details where a Viking can get a bite and a pint?

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
OK guys, I made a reservation for Erickson owners at Everett & Jones BBQ For Sat. night at 7:00. Therefore I expect to see many of you there! Everett & Jones is At 126 Broadway There in Jack London Square. It is one Short block east from the north end of Barns & Noble, right across the street from the high rise that is under construction. The food is reasonable (even for those on a budget) and very good IMHO. and is only a 3 min. walk from the venue so there is no reason not to stop in and say hi to your fellow vikings. Just tell the hostess that you're with the Ericson group that is meeting in the lounge and then have some fun with the rest of us a while! hope to see everyone there Edd:egrin::cheers::egrin:

Gonna miss dinner.

What a bummer. I'll be visiting the boat show Wed, Thurs, Fri, but have to leave Sat morning. I'll be around if any Viking's wanna grab a bite on those days. I'll be easy to spot. Just look for the Pirate Viking Logo. The shirts should be done by then.

Burton Mohr

Member I
strictly sail show

will be at the show wed, if you have extra shirts please bring , we need to make a good showing

fellow ericson sailor, now in stockton
burt mohr:

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
it is good to hear from those who can't come, but it would be great to hear a few "great, can't wait, wouldn't miss it responses":egrin:

Meanolddad

Member III
Hello all
Our plans are finally in place. We are driving up from SoCal on Friday and will be at the show on Saturday. We are planning to be at the Ericson dinner, would not miss it.
Greg, Terri, Jess and Jenn

See you here.

Hello all,
Just got into Oakland yesterday afternoon. Toured the show abit last night. I'll be here until Sat. moring. I did bring Ericson shirts. Call me at my cell 201-679-2926 if you want to meet up or if you see me walking around just come up and introduce yourself. (I'll have the shirt on) See you there.