• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

The last thing we need

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Hello Tom Metzger it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. We appreciate and value your input, and look forward to hearing from you again, so please post at any time!

The above quote is appearing on my screen when I logon to the "Information Exchange". While in my case I realize that you all miss my words of wisdom, :) the very last thing that we need is encouragement for people to post when they have nothing worthwhile to add. We already have people who apparently feel obligated to post on almost every thread.

I would recommend that we do away with this message. Perhaps it could be replaced with a message on the "Reply to Thread" screen "DO YOU HAVE PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH THE ERICSON MODEL IN QUESTION OR INFORMATION THAT RELATES DIRECTLY TO THAT MODEL?"

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Gee Tom, I think there are a lot of lurkers here that may have some usefull information. We should be encouraging people to post. I think most people will only post when they have a legitimate question or something of value to add.

Now I tend to post a lot and I feel if people don't want to read what I have to say, they can skip my post. I am gratefull for all the great info I have obtained here and feel it my duty to respond with anything that may be of value. Another frequent poster is Loren who is many people's personal search engine:)

Just my humble opinion. Feel free to flame.

noproblemo2

Member III
Gee, and we thought this forum was to add our personal insights pertaining to our Ericsons!!! (We appreciate and value your input, and look forward to hearing from you again, so please post at any time!) If one wishes not to post then by all means don't, but if so inclined you are encouraged & welcomed to do so here, after all whether we are current or former owners we do have knowledge worth sharing.:confused::egrin:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
The above quote is appearing on my screen when I logon to the "Information Exchange". While in my case I realize that you all miss my words of wisdom, :) the very last thing that we need is encouragement for people to post when they have nothing worthwhile to add. We already have people who apparently feel obligated to post on almost every thread.

I would recommend that we do away with this message. Perhaps it could be replaced with a message on the "Reply to Thread" screen "DO YOU HAVE PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH THE ERICSON MODEL IN QUESTION OR INFORMATION THAT RELATES DIRECTLY TO THAT MODEL?"

Steady there, Tom.... It'll all be ok... :p

That kind of software is pretty common - and it will be tuned to be a little more 'Ericson-esque' soon enough.

As for what people post - I think it's pretty open (unsolicited commercial endorsements excepted), and that's ok...that's what that little wheel on your mouse is for...scrolling... :nerd:

//sse

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Everybody does it

That kind of software is pretty common...

Oh, I get it now. We do it because we can. :rolleyes: But other than the fact that other sites do it, what is the point of the message?

I suspect that anyone with something to say will say it.

NateHanson

Sustaining Member
Oh, I get it now. We do it because we can. :rolleyes: But other than the fact that other sites do it, what is the point of the message?

I suspect that anyone with something to say will say it.

I would suspect that it's more a matter of "we do it because it's the software default". It takes a ton of work to run these vBulletin sites, and customizing every setting is a huge undertaking.

I don't see what the big issue is with this feature. Boards like this are useful because they provide a library of diverse experiences. Some you find helpful and others you don't. It's not a reference book with only the authoritative answer on each subject. If there are some people whose posts tend to annoy you, you can put them on your "ignore list" (look under "User CP" on the top left, then scroll down the left side, to "Buddy and Ignore Lists"), and then you'll never have to read their posts again.

Nate

jkm

Member III
I enjoy the banter as much as the valuable information. For me this exchange is part of my daily read.

John