• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

new E23 owner!

austinmotion

I thought that I'd take a moment to introduce myself, my name is Ivan and I'm the proud new owner of a '77 E23. I live in Austin, TX and will surely spend many hours on this site learning from your experiences. This is my first sailboat and I'm eager to learn and enjoy this new lifestyle! :egrin:
Ivan

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 105

sleather

Sustaining Member
Welcome!

Ivan, Welcome to you & your "new" boat! Anything you want/need, to know just ask!
It took ME awhile to figure out the "picture thing".
It's soooo white, must be that "Texas sun"! I couldn't figure out @ first what didn't look familiar-"no lifelines" and yours is a fixed keel(correct?)
Lake (Randy)Travis?

Last edited:

Shaggy

Member II
Welcome, Ivan!

Gorgeous boat!!

I used to sail Lake Travis on a Dehler 22 in the early '90s. Spent many a day and night out there. I kept mine at Marshall Ford Marina.

Enjoy the beautiful sunsets. You're going to have a great time! :egrin:

Shaggy

Bob in Va

Member III
Great boat!

Hi Ivan -

That wouldn't happen to be hull # 409 would it? Good to have you aboard - if you will contact me at oleboe(at)aol(dot)com I'll send you some info on the E23 Owners' Association. We have located a few other 23s in Texas, so you are not alone.

Regards,
Bob
"TigerEye" #312

austinmotion

Ivan, Welcome to you & your "new" boat! Anything you want/need, to know just ask!
It took ME awhile to figure out the "picture thing".
It's soooo white, must be that "Texas sun"! I couldn't figure out @ first what didn't look familiar-"no lifelines" and yours is a fixed keel(correct?)
Lake (Randy)Travis?
I appreciate your offer! As questions come up I'll make sure to look you up. Yep, mine's a fixed keel and I have it on Travis. I can't wait for the weekend to take her out again!

austinmotion

Hi Ivan -

That wouldn't happen to be hull # 409 would it? Good to have you aboard - if you will contact me at oleboe(at)aol(dot)com I'll send you some info on the E23 Owners' Association. We have located a few other 23s in Texas, so you are not alone.

Regards,
Bob
"TigerEye" #312

Hi Bob! Yep, mine's #409. I'll send you an email and look forward to receiving the info on the owner's association...thanks!

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
a quick question for the e23 folks...on the front of your trailers, do you have a winch to attach a cable..to a bow eye on your e23...? i don't have one and am considering it...i also am working on fig. how i am going to get my trailer backed down the boat ramp (whilst launching) so that the hul and fixed keel and far enough into the wayet to float off of the trailer...same in reverse for the end of the day.. :confused: ...... i will need to rig up either a long chain or make a ridged extension of around ( i am guessing here ) 10-15 feet to be able to back the trailer down w/out submerging my wifes yukon denali...
:nerd:.......thanx for ideas/tips/comments !!!

sleather

Sustaining Member
Trailer Stuff

a quick question for the e23 folks...on the front of your trailers, do you have a winch to attach a cable..to a bow eye on your e23...? :confused: ...... i will need to rig up either a long chain or make a ridged extension of around ( i am guessing here ) 10-15 feet to be able to back the trailer down w/out submerging my wifes yukon denali...

Attached my POS winch tower! With some mod's(beefier splice plates) it would work on yours.:nerd:
A friend of mine had a J24(3'-9"draft) and on his trailer there were to square loops welded to the main tongue w/ a telescoping smaller(3x3?) inside. It had a "no frills" 2" hitch on the end & pins to hold it either in the extended(~12') position or retracted(in back of the main hitch) Chain sounds kinda "squirrely"! Equip the Yukon w/ "snorkels":eek:

Attachments

• Copy of trailer.jpg
    Copy of trailer.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 79

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
Attached my POS winch tower! With some mod's(beefier splice plates) it would work on yours.:nerd:
A friend of mine had a J24(3'-9"draft) and on his trailer there were to square loops welded to the main tongue w/ a telescoping smaller(3x3?) inside. It had a "no frills" 2" hitch on the end & pins to hold it either in the extended(~12') position or retracted(in back of the main hitch) Chain sounds kinda "squirrely"! Equip the Yukon w/ "snorkels":eek:

yea Steve...thanx for the tips...i will keep the snorkle option in mind for my wifes truck:nerd:......my e23 has a fixed keel...from your photo it looks like mine sits, maybe 3-6 feet higher on the trailer....that'll mean i need to back up much more into the water b4 it will "float" off of the trailer....btw: chain/rope, etc. does sound a bit squirley, dosen't it? a ridged bar extension sound smuch better to me....next time i am out there...i will take a closer look @ the front end and see if i can rig up a "insert" extension bar....i also would need to have a "winch tower" welded onto my trailer...as i do not believe there is one there now...just a small tower to support the pad ... i would call it a bow v pad...that the bow, just below the waterline rests on....regards....image of trailer empty below...

ericson trailer1.jpg

Last edited: