• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Questionable Tactics By Boat Crash Investigators!

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Questionable Tactics By Boat Crash Investigators!

CLEAR LAKE, Calif., Aug. 23, 2007 (KGO) - A powerboat driven by the number two official in the Lake County Sheriff's Department slammed into a sailboat at night, killing a woman, and it's the man steering the sailboat who's facing manslaughter charges. The case heads to court next week.

Watch the video!!

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=i_team&id=5599286

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

sleather

Sustaining Member
Human Nature/the nature of the beast

:soapbox:
REALLY, REALLY BAD quagmire. Nobody mentioned the "HEADLIGHTS" on the powerboat!!! I've spent many nights out on the boat and I learned long ago to keep ONE ear tuned into what's going on. It's not like a powerboat @ full throttle can sneak up on you!!! After a number of near misses long ago, my NIGHT BLASTER is never far away. I just give them a "look" @ least 200yds. out, guaranteed change of course!! Sounds like "everybody" was thinking about something else. Too bad the cops are turning a deaf ear, @ best.

I've never been able to figure out the "go fast" boys, especially @ night. The only time MY powerboat is on plane, at night, is if I can run down the reflection of the moon on the water, or have good backlighting from the city lights. I did do one predawn run on Lake Michigan 8mi. out to the fishing grounds @ 35, 2 sets of eyeballs peering into the inky black, never again, too freaky. Your "night vision" is compromised by the dashboard lights(they didn't mention that either)

I recall a conversation w/ a "go faster" in a marina bar on Erie. Three sheets to the wind, he was "really glad" he had just had his autopilot installed last week. He had a 30mi /45min. run back to Toledo that night!

Try driving your car @ 45 on a dark night w/o lights!!! What the HELL are these people thinking, or drinking????:headb:

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Read Lat 38 for the full report on this mess.
It is, at least so far, a white wash and a coverup.
I hope that the state intervenes, and soon.

Loren in PDX

sleather

Sustaining Member
:mad: I'm not sure I want to know where this ends up. The KGO people deserve a "thumbs up" for the coverage!!!

Lat 38????