• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

restaurants

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Does anyone have any recommendations for places to stop and eat/drink while sailing on the bay? We have our boat docked in Sausalito and will be there for a couple of more months before sailing back down to Santa Cruz.

Thanks, Mark
Lotus Flower
1976 E-27

dwigle

Member III
here's three

The closest to you would be Sams in Tiberon. The Ramp in SF and Quinn's Lighthouse in Oakland are also supposed to be good. Honestly, I've only sailed into Sams once for brunch, but friends have sworn by the Ramp, and I have eaten several times at Quinns where they have a dock, but i'm not sure how it's used. You can also park at South Beach for a reasonable time (3 hours?) at the guest dock and there are several restaurants nearby.

Don Wigle
Wiggle Room
E 38 #8

Blue Chip

Member III
Also around the Oakland area...a long sail for you folks, but might be a good adventure...Scotts at Jack London Square, and of course at the Square you have other choices including Starbucks and things like that. ...Quinns is past it a bit. Across the estuary is the Pasta pelican and a Chevys is nearby.
When I moved here a few years back the one thing that did surprise me was the lack of "on water reastaurants". I expected to see a lot more of that. Apparently at one time it was more common, but lack of interest has seen the end of many. I also would advise looking into Vallejo (Sardine Can etc) and Benicia for a great overnight trip and nearby reastaurants...but leave early in the a.m. and check the tide tables.

boatboy

Inactive Member
Another option to consider is that many marinas have restaurants on their grounds. For instance at our homeport of the Berkeley Marina there is Skates and a new Japanese Steakhouse who's name escapes me. Skates is a fairly high end restaurant with amazing views as they sit on piers right over the Bay facing the Gate. They also have a nice bar area if you just want drinks and tasty appetizers. The Japanese place is inside the marine with no real view, but they put on a nice show preparing the meal at your table.

I believe the Richmond Marina has a nice Italian restaurant on their grounds. Emeryville has Trader Vics a very short walk away. Guest berthing should be no problem at any of these locations.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks for all the replies. We have gone to Sam's a few times and last week we sailed to The Ramp. It's nice having a destination for a day-sail.