• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

4 days in Isthmus Cove

Sven

Seglare
Hmmm, I think I just made myself want to go back again. Maybe we'll go there instead of Catalina this Friday !

We did talk ourselves into Santa Barbara Island but La Petite decided to punish us for our lack of attention. The outboard would only run with the choke partially pulled out (a clogged jet due to gas gone bad) so we decided to head closer to home instead of SBI. We ended up powering all the way to Catalina, both ways, but at least we were back on the water !

At the peak there were eight moorings available in Cat harbor, all others, including the stringline were full with some rafting in addition.

We had a great time. On the way back north we had a southbound humpbacked whale pass about 100 feet from us, exhaling loudly as it continued on its way. That was one big animal ! I got some pictures of it but they don't do it justice.

We'll be spending 4 days there again on Labor day ... might be too nutty for us but we'll find out.

-Sven