• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Puerto Salina

paul culver

Member III
For all you SoCal people -- has anyone been to (or know of) the new port about half way between San Diego and Ensenada, just south of Rosarito? I can't tell for sure if they are fully operational yet from entries on the web. If you know anything about transient docking fees, clearing customs or amenities I'd like to hear from you.

Paul
E29 "Bear"

oceanview

Member I
Hey Paul, i heard it is open and quite nice. I actually overheard a couple of people talking about it while i was paying for my slip at the police dock a couple weeks ago. One guy was saying that he had just got back from there where he had been living for the past few months. he said all new amenities and it was only $7.50 per ft if you payed for three months. i dont know any more than that but would be intrested if you find out more.
-chuck

noproblemo2

Member III
Yes Puerto Salina is fully operational, we live less than a mile from there, rates are very reasonable and will investigate further for you if you are interested. This is an up and coming "very fast" area. Hope to meet you soon..:egrin::)

paul culver

Member III
This is good news. Noproblemo2 -- could you find out the nightly rates for boats just passing through? I'm interested in stopping over on the way to Ensenada, and even more so on the return trip.

Thanks

Paul
E29 "Bear"

Peregrine

Member II
I have been past by boat and car and seen the work that has been going on for several years. I heard the channel was silted up at one time and is a continuing problem. Is there any truth to that rumor? What is the controlling depth? Also, it appears that the entrance is west facing with a fairly short breakwater. Is there a problem getting in and out when the seas are up?

Thanks for any info you can provide as this might be a nice stop on the way to Ensenada.

Tony
Peregrine Spirit
E 380

noproblemo2

Member III
Here is some of the info I have found so far, haven't had a chance to call or run by yet, will keep you informed.

WELLCOME TO MEXICO´S FIRST MARINA IN NORTH PACIFIC
www.puertosalina.com
Marina Puerto Salina is the first marina located south of US border, located at 60 min from Point Loma, South San Diego.

Location: Lat. N 32° 3.28´ Long. W 116° 53.20´ By land: K 73 of the scenic road (Tijuana-Ensenada), next to Baja Mar Golf Resort.

The actual conditions of the marine Puerto Salina are the next ones:

* 240 slips in operation 36´, 40´, 50´ y 60 Ft.
* Heads of 90´ Ft a 110´ Ft.
* Dry Dock 24´ Ft a 30´Ft.
* The channel access is 14´ Ft Depth.
* The channel access is 120 Ft wide.
* 8 Ft depth basein.

These are some of our services

* Slips of: 30´ 36´ 40´ 44´ 50´ 60´.
* Heads: 92´ 102´ 104´ 108´.
* Electricity 110/220 volt y 30/50 amp.
* Fresh Water.
* Baths and laundry.
* Wireless Internet.