• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Just a littel problem...

Meanolddad

Member III
Hey everyone,
This isn't Greg, this is his daughter, Jessica. I just wanted to share a little adventure we had today. We were cruising along, 12knots of wind, just outside of the breakwater, when suddenly, *pooff* the tack of our jib rips off. Imagine our surprise when the bottom quarter of our sail is now happily flogging in the wind. Needless to say, our sail was cut short.

Does anyone know of any reliable sailmaker to repair the sail in the Marina Del Ray area? We need to get our jib fixed.:esad: My dad works in that direction, so he could drop it off and pick it up after work. (He is at work right now, witch is why I'm posting)

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• PICT0818.jpg
    PICT0818.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 25

windjunkee

Member III
Hi,

UK is up in Marina del Rey and could probably do the repair. They are located on Abbot Kinney. However, for repairs I've always gone to TA sails in Wilmington. He does a good job with repairs, his prices are reasonable and as long as you bug him, he gets the work done fairly quickly.

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason E-32-2 Hull #134
Redondo Beach, CA

Meanolddad

Member III
Thanks Jim
I will probably drop it off at TA sails next week. You are the second person to recommend them. It looks like when I had the UV cover put on the sail the sailmaker removed the reinforcements for the tack. I guess I did not catch it when I bought the sail. It held together for 10 months of sailing in Hurricane Gulch so it was not that bad.
Greg