• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Anyone out there?

ccorcoran

Member II
Hey,

I know you're out there. I see you all around the bay; it's hard to miss something as pretty as an Ericson under sail. Problem is, there hasn't been a post to this forum since 1/31/01. I think this is an amazing website and forum for us to share our experiences, enthusiasm and tall tales. That said, I'll start -- Anyone paint (LPU) their Kenyon spars lately? How about a "trustworthy" yard to help with that process? Anyone interested in getting a bunch of us Ericson owners together and doing some sailing?

Calm seas and fair winds to all!

Chris

Traveler

Member I
I haven't been by the site for a while so I stopped by and saw your post...figured I had best reply. I agree that this section of the forum seems kinda dead relative to the number of Ericsons I see around the bay and in the marinas. I can see 5 of them in my marina (Ballena Ilse) whilst standing in my cockpit.
I can't give you a lot of info or experience regarding painting your mast...the mast on my E39 had recently been refurbished and repainted when I bought her this summer. I can say that I have had good experiences with both Svendsens' and Mariner boatyards for other projects.
As far as putting together an Ericson sail or raft up in the SF Bay, I am in. Because I am a struggling small biz owner and have a couple of fat projects that need doing on the boat I can't commit a lot of cash or organizational time to an event, but I would love to participate and will do all I can to help out!

Fair Winds,
Gary

slincer

I'm here and i'm interested I,ll be spending new years eve in clipper cove in sf bay. Boat name is Dreamheart.

My mast is currently being painted at svendsens, so mine is the boat without the mast. (easy to spot) After they removed the mast I stripped it myself. this is a major undertaking. there are a lot of parts on the mast and boom. They are supposed to be done painting by friday 12/27. I expect it will take 2-3 days for me to reassemble. So far the yard has been reasonable and friendly. this is the first time i've had to do anything like this to the boat so i'll let you know how it turns out.

I heard there was supposed to be an Ericson gathering during the summer from one of the owners on my dock, but I didnt get any final notice. There are 4 ericsons including mine on one dock in Emery Cove marina. Let me know if someone gets motivated to sponsor an event. I'll try to check the website more often.

Saul

Burton Mohr

Member I
Have not checked site for awhile. Iwould be very interested in a get together in the near future. I am just getting to know my ericson and would see how others have set up there boats

Burt

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Boat Show dreamin'

I have my motel reservations made already for Sail Expo (April 23 - 27, Jack London Square).
If any of you want to get together for a social hour at one of the nearby watering holes.... OR
Maybe even go for a sail? Beer's on me.........

Loren in Portland, OR
Olson 34 #8

:)

jmoses

Member III
Howdy

Greetings........... having forgotten my password and user name after registering a couple years ago I re-registered. I'm here in San Francisco and a 'boat show' rondeveous would be greta idea.

Keep me posted

John

Traveler

Member I
:egrin: Seeing that I am berthed in Alameda, and that April is plenty of time to plan, I am sure I can make a rondezvous around then. I would love to meet up with and talk shop with other Ericson owners. If we do a sail I can be very useful in helping others avoid the thin water areas around Alameda, as I have been stuck in several of them. Heh.
Gary

jmoses

Member III
Sail Expo in April

Sounds like a gathering at Sail Expo would be fun. I have posted a similar idea on Sailnet's Ericson list group.

Feel free to e-mail me at: ericson_35@msn.com

and I'll compile a list of folks and e-mail addreses

John Moses

ccorcoran

Member II
You are there!

I was hoping this would happen. Now, all we have to do is pick a time and location for getting together @ Sail Expo. BTW, thanks for the feebback on repainting my mast (Saul, I'd like to hear more about how yours turned out when it's done). I look forward to seeing everyone @ Sail Expo. In the mean time, Moonstruck is berthed in Benicia and we're frequently in the Carquinez straight trying to find some wind!

slincer

I'll be at a gathering around the Sail Expo date. Mast project is almost complete. I have spent a lot more time than expected tending to very small details. little parts, washers screws etc. I am very excited to Sail with the mast properly tuned. we made a significant change to mast rake and shroud/stay tension. Also new blocks and deck organizers and a strong track system to make hoisting the full batten main easier. Maybe Monday 1/20 will be the day. Perhaps we could choose a day and raft up in clipper cove for a potluck?! We could make arrangements for those without boats to hook-up and attend (Loren).

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Have fun at your MLK Monday holiday raft-up...
I will be right here in Portland; but I do have my air ticket purchased to get me down to SailExpo 4-23, mid day. (Returning home on that Sat. evening.)

Best,
Loren
Olson 34 #8

Burton Mohr

Member I
meeting at boat show

Thursday (4-24-03) would be a good day how about a lunch get together, there are several restaurants close by.