• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Running Rigging on E28 (replacement) advice

Cair Vie

Hi, I'm a new Ericson owner in the LA area. I have
a 1985 E28 on which I'd like to replace some of the tired running rigging. I can't find any specifications for the existing lines. Recommendations? Also, I'm looking for a rigger to inspect my standing rigging. Can anyone recommend a good rigger who will work in San Pedro (Cabrillo Marina).

Thanks!

ccorcoran

Member II
Hi and congratulations on your new E28! I think you'll find the running rigging specs you're looking for in the specs/documents section of this website. As I recall all/most of the manuals (and there's a 28 manual listed) have the standing and running rigging specs. There are some other docs as well -- sail plan, boomvang, etc. for the 28. BTW, the 28 is a nice boat...I used to own one. Now, we have a 34. Not sure about riggers in Cabrillo Marina area since we're in San Francisco. Try asking the harbormaster or other Ericson owners in the vicinity.

Good luck and fair winds!

Chris

Cair Vie

Thanks Chris -- I did download the E28 manual from this site (good thing, too, or I wouldn't have had one!). It does have the standing rigging spec'd in the manual, but I couldn't find anything on the running rigging. I'm wondering if that's because each boat may be set up so different that they didn't bother to include it in the standard manual?

Thanks again