• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

SF Bay Raft up!!

corkhead

Julian Ashton
It is about time for another raftup! Let's start planning a date!
Greg & Melissa should be back from their 6mos+ cruise in about 3 wks so perhaps we could all listen to their tales & those of others.

How about August 11th or 18th weekend

dwigle

Member III
can't say

Julian,

Right now Wiggle Room is doing an impersonation of a power boat while I paint the mast and rerig. We should be done soon, but after that I don't know our schedule. If you get a date, we'll certainly try to be there.

Don and Jan Wigle
Wiggle Room
E 38 #8

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Julian,

We just bought an E27 that is in Sausalito right now. We have a slip in Santa Cruz and plan to sail back down sometime this fall. We would be interested in a raft-up.

Mark & Joanne
Lotus Flower

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
I'd make the trip down river (6 hours) from the delta. Or better yet, maybe some of you want to come inland where it's warmer?

Grant Kiba
'73 E27, Antioch

boatboy

Inactive Member
SF Viking Cruise

Hi Julian,

As you know, Melissa and I are back home in Berkeley. The Mexico/Hawaii cruise was a fantastic adventure and the mighty Pacifica did an awesome job for us. Thanks for coming out there to help welcome us back into the Bay.

We would definitely like to take part in an Ericson cruise this summer/fall. At this point a weekend in September might works best, perhaps sometime after Labor Day weekend.

Since a true raft-up only works well in very protected waters, I would recommend Clipper Cove (Treasure Island) like we did a few years ago. As you may recollect, when we used Ayala Cove 2 years back we had a real fire drill in the middle of the night when the wind shifted and sent waves into the anchorage. Melissa and I have a very vivid memory of having to help move one of the boats tied up to us at 1:00 am before Pacifica was turned into a sadly crushed version of her former self. I'll admit that Angel Island is prettier and Clipper Cove may have a bit of traffic noise, but the water is always flat and anchors hold pretty well in that sticky mud. It could also be interesting to see the view of the new bridge under construction.

Last edited:

paul culver

Member III
Welcome back Greg. I enjoyed following your cruise on your web site and watching your track on YOTREPS. Just wondering if you will be posting a narrative of your trip from Hawaii to Berkeley.

--Paul

boatboy

Inactive Member
Web Site Update

Paul,

Thanks for your interest in the site. Melissa says "it's coming, but job search takes priority." Within a few days she should have something up that wraps up the trip.

corkhead

Julian Ashton
SF Bay Raftup

I agree about Angel Island, rocky night in Ayala Cove, I vote for Clipper Cove too!!
When?? How about Sept 8th (or even frid 7th)

I am planning on going to Half Moon Bay again for Labor Day??
Julian

boatboy

Inactive Member
Hi Julian,

I'm going to be out of town Sep. 5-9. Anytime after that would be good for us. Anyway, the closer we get to October, the better the weather.

Any other Ericson owners interested in this? It's been a lot of fun the last couple times we had a get together. How about you, Guy? You threatened to come the last two times. Is the third time the charm? I'm sure everyone would be thrilled to see what an Ericson on steroids looks like.

boatboy

Inactive Member
SF Bay Raft-Up

Sign us up. Either one is good for us. Maybe we can get one or two others to chime in and nail down one of those weekends.

Moor'ea

Savage Sailor
October?

Hello all,

I would certainly enjoy an Ericson Raft-Up, and October would work best for me. Sounds like fun! (guess I gotta finish up all those projects before then!)

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
can I come too?

never been to a raft up bought a 71 E35-11 last year.berthing in Martinez, always looking for a reason to get it out of the harbor. also looking for crew if anyone is interested. don't know how this all works but will watch for an invite and details.
Edd & Debi/E35 Blythe Sperit

boatboy

Inactive Member
Great, it sounds like there are a number of interested parties. Why don't we firm up a date. Since we are going to try to do a haul out of Pacifica in early October, how about the weekend of the 20th? Is this good for everyone?

Edd and Debi, welcome to the Ericson family. We look forward to meeting you. Plan on showing up with decent fenders for both sides of your boat, as well as good dock lines for both sides. Assuming you are planning on spending the night, bring dinner for yourselves. Often people like to bring munchies to share, but it's all pretty casual.

We will plan on pulling into Clipper Cove by about 2:00 and hope to see a big turnout. I have attached a couple photos from our gathering there in '05.
Dress is casual, horns are optional.:egrin:

Julian, to answer your earlier question - yes, we'll be going down to HMB on Labor Day weekend.

Attachments

• Img_3790-1.jpg
    Img_3790-1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Img_3765-1.jpg
    Img_3765-1.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Guy Stevens

We will try again.....

We will give it another shot this year.....

It would be fun to be surrounded by Vikings again....

Guy and Melissa
:)

FullTilt E28

Member III
Raft up Oct 20th

October 20th Clipper Cove!!!!
It's a date

I think we can add a newbie to the raft up plan. My wife and I just finished the paper work on E28 #620 - currently in Alameda at Marina bay - but we are moving it to RYC this Sunday. After almost a year of shopping for our Mini cruiser we found it in the August Latitude 39 classy classifieds. 1986 beautiful - tubby little boat. Looks new - in great shape. We took our first bay cruise on it last Sunday with a few friends and had a blast! We are racers at heart - as we also own "UFO" a fairly well known Ultimate 20 which we race on the Bay and at the major lake events.

We might be able to make the Oct 20th raft up. Sounds like fun!

Walt Lawrence

Member I
October 20th Raft up

Greetings to all:egrin:

It sounds as if there will be a raft up at TI on the 20th of October.:)

My SO, Nancy, and I have been keeping the date open on our calendars in the hope that this event would come off...we are new to sailing, at least in this decade, LOL, but we have been having a lot of fun.

We will plan on the date and look forward to meeting all of you who show up....we were out last Sunday the 30th of Sept and we saw 2 27's, a 39B and I think one other:egrin:, but I can't remember for sure...I have slept a few times since then..LOL..

Anyway...

Till then...via con Dios

Walt Lawrence
s/v Oh Yeah
Marina Bay YH

boatboy

Inactive Member
raft-up

Walt,
We are still planning on, and looking forward to, the raft-up. It's interesting that you saw a 39-B on the water last weekend. I thought we had the only one in the bay, and we weren't out last weekend. Anyway, we look forward to meeting you.