• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

McMaster-Carr = excellent site

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
McMaster-Carr = excellent company!

I know that others here have touted this vendor, so today I went looking for some angle-molded G10/FR4 epoxy/cloth 90 degree "plate."
It's one thing that their site has every size and thickness of GRP plate, I beam, 90 degree angle, and most other shapes that one could imagine. :cool: Amazing!
The other thing is the raw speed of their server. Having a high speed 'net connection, I am used finding a lot of vendors, some fairly large, with low-speed access and/or clunky database software (It's kind of like having a one foot pipe at your end and finding that the other end supplying you is only an inch!). :rolleyes:

Their search engine runs like a rocket. Changes to the order happen in a snap.
And, of course, they seem to stock Everything.
URL = http://www.mcmaster.com/

No big whoop, but it is just so nice to see a company with its act together.

Loren in PDX

Last edited:

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Their shipping is amazing too. I ordered #8 finish (mirror) 1/4" stainless plate and it came next day at regular shipping. Probably my proximity to them but they packed it and shipped it quick. Customer service is awesome as well. My buddy who does a lot of metal fabrication in stainless and aluminum uses them a lot.

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
I used to work in manufacturing and we used them for everything. They support the manufacturing industry and have warehouses everywhere. You used to not be able to order from them unless you are a business but the internet has changed all that. It never ceased/ceases to amaze me how many things they stock and how fast they can deliver. In manufacturing time really is money, they know this and capitalize on it. RT

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Done deal

Box was dropped on my front porch about mid-day. For the charged amount of $5.50 for S/H, they used an above-average heavy duty cardboard box!
:)
The originating address was in Santa Fe Springs, CA. So, they must indeed have warehouses all around the US.

This particular very stout piece of fiberglass angle would have probably done just as fine if they had sent it unboxed, with a label! :rolleyes:

These folks really do attend to details. Also refreshing to see how well they treat a (very) small customer.

:egrin:

Loren in PDX

Last edited: