• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Datamarine repairs

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
For you long suffering Datamarine owners, I have just received a flyer from an outfit that specializes Datamarine parts and repairs. Its website is www.dmimarine.com. I believe these are the guys who used to be Datamarine's East Coast repair facility (and who did a great job getting my depth meter going again and supplying a replacement transducer).

jreddington

Member III
I just received a replacement depth transducer from them. Ordered it though my local electronic service guys Dockside Electronics in Mystic.

Waiting for my Winter haul-out to install. Am using it as a "dipping" depthsounder for the remainder of season so if you see me prowling around an anchorage I'm not fishing with a hand line, just looking for a good place to drop the hook.

:egrin:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Old transducers available...

As you all know, I distributed my old "mostly working" DM instruments to other members of the Ericson List...
I now have the hull transducers available -- speed and depth. They came out without breaking, cables and all. The DS transducer was put in new in '88, and I put in a new paddlewheel for the DS unit in '95 ($75. from DM).

My new Raymarine stuff is working fine. I just hope it still reads OK after a decade like the old DM stuff I took out...
:rolleyes:

If anyone wants either of these two transducers, please let me know. The depth one needs a haulout to install; the speed one comes with a plug for changeout while in the water (for the brave among us).
They both worked when removed. You get 'em "as is".
You pay shipping and add enough for some microbrew...
:D

Loren in Portland, OR