• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Finally Got our Boat!!!

Well, after 6 months of waiting, we finally got our boat almost down to our new marina home. The marina where we'll keep the boat did not have a travellift which we found out while the boat was in transit from Sandusky. I had to redirect the driver to Eddyville, KY to Marine Services who I went ahead and hired to do the work we were going to do since they are 2 hours away from us instead of 1 hour, the distance to our new marina. We were like expectant parents waiting for the delivery of our boat. Unfortunately, I was out of town so my wife went up to supervise the unloading. Below are the first pictures of our new baby being delivered. (not for the faint of heart!) This is the first time our new baby has seen sunshine since we owned her. Our plan is to have her in the water by this coming Thursday, pick her up on Friday and sail/motor her the 100 miles down to our marina over the weekend. It's a happy day. We just wanted you to share in our excitement. Marine Services is repainting our bootstripe and waterline stripe to dark blue, installing my new Raymarine bi-data transducers, taking off the old name and applying the new 9"tall by 82" long names on each side of the boat for us, stepping the mast and repairing a few fiberglass fixes that weren't done so pretty before. We are dying to get aboard and start enjoying the finer part of life!!!
boatunload6.jpg

boatunload5.jpg

boatunload2.jpg

boatunload.jpg

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Congrats, you guys - she looks great! :egrin:

Did you ever do a Photoshop thing to help make the decision on the name? What kind of font are you going to use?

//sse

Boat Name

We decided on "The Blue Heeler", thus the changing of color of the bootstripe to dark blue. We came up with a better name later, but had already had our USCG certification papers re-issued under the new name so we will be happy with it.

Listed below is what the name will look like on the sides. We will have another "dog" graphic on the back left above the hailing port. The name is alo in dark blue

The people at myboatsign were very helpful and responsive. Their pricing was better than most.
View attachment blueheeler.pdf

Thanks!

Thanks guys, you don't know how excited we are. I spoke with Rottgering marine today about the boat. They indicated that they would have the boat in the water by thursday of this week. We won't be there until Friday night and will spend the night on the boat and then plan to leave at odark 30 on Saturday morning for the 110 mile trek down to our marina. They assured me that they would get the motor started and make sure that there were no problems so that we would be ready on Friday night.

We can't wait for that time to get here, our first night on the boat ever!!

jkenan

Member III
I strongly recommend buying the unlimited towing insurance from Boat US (about $120/yr) today, before you set foot on your boat. You probably have a great boat, and my wife and I do as well. However, we would have been screwed if we didn't have this insurance coming 400 miles down the Chesapeake to NC right after we bought our E29. Motor worked when we left the dock. Over the first 100 miles, lots of rust scaling worked itself loose inside the engine creating cooling blockages that plagued us the whole way down. The tow from Mobjack bay into Norfolk cost over $1400, which we didn't have to pay a dime for since we had this insurance. Took us to marina of our choice.

Best of luck!

Towing

John, great idea on upgrading our towing allowance. I think I may pull the trigger on that tonight.

My wife and I snuck away today to go up and take a look at the progress on the boat. The stripes were painted and the name was on both sides. Unbelievable!!!! The boat looks absolutely fantastic!!!! They are finishing buffing and waxing the hull, stepping the mast and installing my new VHF and Raymarine Bi-data tomorrow. They expect to put her in the water either late tomorrow or sometime on Friday. We will get down there late Friday night and spend the night on the boat. We will leave very early Saturday morning to begin our trip. Hopefully we will have a nice breeze and can raise the main and do a little sailing along with all the motoring that I expect we will have to do.

We forgot to take our camera today, but I was really pleased with how the 9" tall letters and the name that was 83" long looked on the side of the boat. it was the perfect size. The dog graphic is 12" tall and looked great next to the text!

I was reading in Latts and Atts, this week, about www.sailtrac.com. i signed up for the free service and will plan to post our weekend trip descriptions on that site. It's pretty neat and would work really well for someone on an extended trip. Keeps one from having to maintain or build thier own website!

I look forward to asking more pertinent questions in the future now that we'll have our own boat!

msFootrope

Homeward Bound

You should be well on your way to your permanent marina by now. Congratulations!! We're all anxiously awaiting to hear how your first journey on the boat went.

Made It!!

Well we made it back safe and sound. The boat performed like a champion. The rigging was not all set up so we motored the whole way. We averaged about 5.8 knots all the way and made it a lot quicker than we planned. We go into our new marina about 11am yesterday. My wife is working on finishing up the log book for our trip. I'll be posting this on the www.sailtrac.com website along with all the pictures that we took. We had one mechanical problem and one grounding on the trip. Mechanical problem was transmission linkage came loose while trying to dock for fuel. Scuffed the boat a little when that happened but not too bad. Got out of the channel and eased her aground in soft mud. Wife was not too happy about that. I was much more cognisant (sic) of the charts after that and kept her between the navigational beacons!! The lake we will be on was beautiful. We passed at least 7 sailboats over the weekend that were out chasing the wind. We were a little jealous.

I spoke to the PO on Saturday and he is going to make the 8 hour drive down this coming Friday to help me set up the rigging and sails. This is going to be a huge help. That means we should be sailing over labor day weekend.

I have several questions for the group, but will post those in a different section later this week.

Thanks for the support, thoughts and prayers. We are home safe but really hated leaving our new Baby last night. We are driving back up to her tonight and my wife is going to spend the rest of the week on her waxing and cleaning the deck, windows and organizing the interior. I'll make the 1 hour drive every night and spend the night with her. It will just be a long commute every morning, but worth it!!!!

Attached are 3 pics. The first two are from when we picked up the boat on Friday night. The 3rd is The Blue Heeler in her new home! Note the new name on the side and the new stripe color from the pictures of unloading at the top of this post.

Bart
DSC00806.jpg
DSC00811.jpg
DSC00870.jpg

Last edited:

Guy Stevens

Saw your bot yesterday

I was on a busyness trip in the area, and friends took me out on Kentucky lake. I was on a pontoon boat, and therefore trying to look incognito, and as you were not there, I didn't want to blow my cover.

The Yellow sail cover is nice and bright, festive, I liked it.

Guy
:)