• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Catalina Easter Weekend?

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Nope

I only made it about two miles past Angle's Gate when one of my young crew members got sea sick. It wasn't a big deal to me because the weather was pretty gloomy. Plenty of warm sunny trips ahead though. I will keep you posted.

Jeff:egrin:

Ken Haneline

Member II
Cleveland Checking In

Sailing on Easter? We are recovering from 27" of snow from the Easter weekend. Yes, Cleveland, home of the Indians baseball team that had to play its home opener in Milwaukee. Really nice! The new bottom is done and ready to go, but nobody is dropping into the water here in Lake Erie until later this week. YIKES!! Please send some So. California weather our way. Nice to hear that someone is sailing. Ken

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Yup Ken,

We sail year round here in LA LA Land. I sailed to Catalina for President's Day this year and I was there for Easter last year. We have had hardly any rain this year. Good for Sailors but the hills are brown and dry and burning often. Not good.

Every time I start getting discontented with LA and Southern California in general I catch myself and remember what life was like on Puget Sound. Great Sailing for about 4 months of the year and then it just gets too cold for my taste.

Hope you thaw out soon.

Jeff

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
Yeah, sailing slows down a little during the winter. I've only taken the kids to Catalina about 6 times this year so far because it gets a little cold. On the New Year's trip to Two Harbors, I even put on a jacket for the last few miles, and I was beginning to wish I weren't wearing shorts.

Yeah, I'm a smug asshole. But I've earned it -- I was raised in Alaska.

saildad

Member II
Winter sailing

We up here in the Channel Islands area have had our share of bad days as well. I tell ya I was out on the Olson 30 race boat last weekend and had to put my foulies on it was so gloomy. Then to my suprise I had to peel to shorts and a windbreaker. This weekend looks like the howlin wind will subside enough to get out there and maybe do some whale watching.
Have a great weekend!!
Capt Bill:egrin:

HGSail

Member III
Hey Capt. Bill

Which Olsen 30 were you on? I raced on one back in the late 90's out of C.I.

Pat
E29
'73
Holy Guacamole