• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E35-3 Flasher

Steve

Member III
Our PO left us a "Flasher" (at least thats what the bag was labled), however not completely sure we know how to rig. We assume it tacks to the bow and the rest comes back either direct to the winch or prehaps via the outside track. No addtional rigging was found it the various piles of stuff we sorted last spring?

Has any one used a "Flasher" and how have you attched to bow or other?. We haven't located a sock, prehaps the PO didn't use one?

The PO is out of the country -unavailble to ask.

thanks..
Steve E35-3 #159

Last edited:

Steve

Member III
Couldn't help it!

This was suppose to go into the above post... Couldn't help but show my boat off... Amazing Grace E35-3
Steve

Attachments

• p6240004smaller.jpg
    p6240004smaller.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 232

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Nice Boat...

The 'Flasher' you referring to - is a UK trisail? Looks like the attached:

Go to their site and take a look - see if there's a UK Sailmaker's label on it, and you have your answer.... Is your boat rigged for a spinnaker?

//sse

Attachments

• e4flasher.gif
    e4flasher.gif
    19 KB · Views: 221

Steve

Member III
"nylon diesel".

Thanks for the UK info-
It's definitely a "nylon diesel", I'll pull and look for the lable details regarding UK etc, I know the tack and foot/clew are clearly marked. Not sure if it's heavy duty tri-radial or standard. The boat has only two working jib halyards, one obviosly in use on the furler. It appears that an arrangment to the bow is needed plus sock and control lines to the halyard snap. looks like we have a bunch of rigging to sort out? Prehaps I'll photo what I can over the weekend. The sail is bagged and under the port settee. The PO also left us with an 80, 100, 135, 150, -been experimenting with the best fit etc. Any thoughts? With all these sails you tend to run out of room onboard, so most are in my garage- but the Nylon flasher packs well and can stay aboard (for now!)

Steve - E35-3

Last edited:

John Yandow

Member I
Hi Steve,

I was looking at the photo of your boat and had a question. Is that a solar vent forward of the dorade on the port side? If so is it located in the shower?

Steve

Member III
YES - S Vent in Shower

John- Yes the s vent is in the shower, runs all day and most of the night. Seems to work well and never has leaked. Only issue is a slight noise heard in the v-berth when trying to dose off etc...

Steve