• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New E23 Owner - Norco, CA

wescotac

Adagio
I recently purchased I believe to be a 1968 hull #17, E23-1 or 2.
I would like to use The Name "Adagio" Which means in Italian, SLOWLY, If no other memeber is useing it at this time. I recently sold a 1937 Tahiti Ketch I had in my possion for 30+ years, but because of the time it took to maintain it, it got to be a little to much for me, A friend of mine told me about this little vessel that would be an easy keeper and still be on the water, How correct he was. I would appreciate any info or advice you can give me. It has a fixed keel and on a trailer.

Thank you
B.A. Alexander

Jason

Fellow Ericson Owner
I'd like to be the first to say "Welcome"!

You'll find lots of helpful people here with lots of experience - I know I have.

I don't have any info on an E23 for you, just wanted to welcome you aboard.

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Welcome

B.A- Condradulations on your "New to you" E-23. "Adagio" go through the site and you will find tons of usefull stuff and extremly helpfull folks. Pick up a Feb. copy of Sailing and you will find an article about the E23 inside. One of our own, Bob Boe, is the feature. He is also the head of the E23 Association. Again congrads on your purchase. Rob Hessenius

Last edited:

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Welcome B.A. Alexander,

Welcome B.A. Alexander,

Where do you moor your boat? Or do you keep it on a trailer? Will you be sailing to Catalina this season? That's a really neat boat you have. We have one E-23 owner here (Sven) in So Cal that sails his E-23, "La Petite" every where. Catalina and Channel Islands. Sven has done many nice modifications. Do a search for "La Petite" on this site. Tough little boat!

Good Choice!

Jeff

Last edited:

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi B.A.
Welcome to the web site. I have a 1968 Ericson 23 mk1. If yours is a '68 it is a mk1, you can tell if it is a mk1 or mk2 by looking at the rudder location. The mk1 has a spade rudder and the mk2 has a transom hung rudder.

Feel free to ask about any issues that you run into I'm sure you will find this site very useful.

Here is a photo of a mk1. note also the teak coming boards the mk2 has fiberglass.

Attachments

• DSCN2841.jpg
    DSCN2841.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 72

wescotac

Adagio
Thanks for your quick responces:

This vessel is located in Norco,Ca Rvr. cty., and is currently seating on my trailer, I have a few things I need to do , But it will be in the water in Apr sometime. and I quess I have a MK-1 thank you for that, you-all are very helpful. this web site looks like a nice place to drop anchor.
B.A.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
No problem B.A.
Make sure you post in the "General Area Forums" (section above the "Regional Area Forums"). You'll get a lot more members viewing and commenting.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Congrats & Welcome

This was originally in the SoCal forum - so I moved this thread to the Raft Up so folks can greet you...

Welcome to the family - you'll love your E23... :egrin:

//sse

wescotac

Adagio
Re;

Thanks for that info, as long as I've been in the L.A. area, I saw one like name, I don't believe that would be a problem.
Thanks
B.A.

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
nice, welcome....i too, am a new e23 skipper...they look (to me)
to be great boats for the $$ .... enjoy !! ...:egrin:

I recently purchased I believe to be a 1968 hull #17, E23-1 or 2.
I would like to use The Name "Adagio" Which means in Italian, SLOWLY, If no other memeber is useing it at this time. I recently sold a 1937 Tahiti Ketch I had in my possion for 30+ years, but because of the time it took to maintain it, it got to be a little to much for me, A friend of mine told me about this little vessel that would be an easy keeper and still be on the water, How correct he was. I would appreciate any info or advice you can give me. It has a fixed keel and on a trailer.

Thank you
B.A. Alexander