• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Go Vikings!

u079721

Contributing Partner
After a rather long dry spell of unemployment I have accepted a new job outside St. Paul in Minnesota. A great job in a great place to live - just not exactly the sort of place where people own and sail Ericsons.

But I do have one amusing Ericson related item to note. My customary hat to wear around town is my trusty Ericson logo cap, with the Viking front and center. Everyone here seems to think this cap denotes support of some local sports team (football perhaps?) and says something like "Go Vikings!" when they see me. I honestly do not know what they mean (I don't follow sports) but it sure is nice to sort of fit right in.

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Hey Steve...
I'm originally from Minnesota (and still translate "minnesotan" for my east coast friends when mid-westerners come to visit), down in Winona.
There are lots of sailors in Minn... big j-24/capri 25 fleets in Wayzata... then bigger boats down in Lake City on Lake Pepin. As I recall, there's a 38 down there among others. I've never had a chance to sail there, but I know the area is beautiful. The river valley is nice all summer and absolutely stunning in the fall.
Lake City is probably 1-1.5(?) hrs from Minneapolis.
Chris

ps. I think some of the Lake city guys are on the board... maybe they'll chime in.

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Minnesota

Steve- Congradulations on your new employment in St. Paul. I think that you will find out that you moved to one of the finest places to live.
There is a vary large siling community in the Minnetonka area, granted smaller boats than your use to. Mille Lacs is not really a small pond. I think there are larger boats playing there. Superior/Duluth is not all that far with a BIG water to cruise on.
FWIW, if you ever get into sports, get a Packer hat, you will be accepted wearing it around the Twin Cities. If you ever hear of a Vikings cocktail cruise, sign up quickly they sure know how to throw a party. Good Luck Rob Hessenius

Peregrine

Member II
Go Pats?

I'm not really that interested in football, but since playoff fever has invaded San Diego I can't let the comment go without retaliation.... Go Chargers!:egrin:

Tony
Peregrine Spirit
E 380
Sun Diego

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Congratulations, Steve!

Great news. Minnesota -- Frostbite Falls!

And Go Seahawks! They'll need some help from the Bears.

sleather

Sustaining Member
Hat?????

But I do have one amusing Ericson related item to note. My customary hat to wear around town is my trusty Ericson logo cap, with the Viking front and center. Everyone here seems to think this cap denotes support of some local sports team (football perhaps?) and says something like "Go Vikings!" when they see me. I honestly do not know what they mean (I don't follow sports) but it sure is nice to sort of fit right in.

Where "praytell" do you get an Ericson hat, I need to know!!!!! Can't beleive I'm the first to ask, has everybody else got one???

I don't either(sports thing), but being so close, I can't help but know.
Packers vs Vikings is as old as "football", whatelse is there to do in the "off season"

If you get a "hankerin or need a fix" your welcome in Madison(toy boat, toy lake)

The logo has a special significance to me as my "Norveeegan" gandparents name is Ericson.

Last edited:

sleather

Sustaining Member
Oh gosh darn, that's cute(but not my style), I'm assuming the hat in ???? is a "plain" old hat w/ the logo on the front. It would project a better image and more "interest" than my now favorite MERCURY hat. If I can't track one down I'm going to a hat shop w/ my LOGO.------Thanks for the thought!

On second thought, I may need one of "those" for future SEA battles!

Last edited:

sleather

Sustaining Member
Steve/evets

So take Steve #1 out for a sail and "confuse the livin' daylights" out of everyone @ the CLUB!